Gibson Brands Forums

the roots on yo gabba gabba

andrewjunior

I think that's actually a Crestwood Custom, isn't it?

I've seen this roughly 7 million times as they not only show this on Yo Gabba Gabba but pretty regularly on "It's Music Time" in between segments on Nick Jr. Love the song and the guitar, though!

all i know for sure is i think they're pretty cool. lol.... i was stoked to see it on there.

i started out my guitar obsessed life feeling like epiphone was the **** of the guitar world (bad ****, not good ****). i felt as if epiphone was to gibson as squire was to fender. sure squire makes some ok models, but frankly, they're not great.

but thankfully for this forum and a great LP Jr project i started, i have a newfound appreciation for epiphone...

C'mon! It's a show for children! Or people on acid. I'm not quite sure. Jack Black was on once so...

I think both!

I guess he wouldn't like Jack Black singing "It's no fun to get lost" or the Aggrolites "Banana" song either.

Yo Gabba Gabba has more diverse musical guests than just about any show I know of. It was co-created by Christian Jacobs from the Aquabats and I'd assume he probably knows most of the bands and people who appear.

Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo has a regular segment where he teaches drawing and Biz Markie does a "Beat of the Day."

It's actually an enjoyably weird show. My kids love it.

"Captain" Kirk Douglas has been using that guitar for a while. Here is a video from 2007 where he is using it, or one just like it:

The Roots are awesome. Being from the Philly area, I've gotten to see them be the hometown heroes at all manner of things. As musicians, they bring a lot of things to the table that many people wouldn't get to see in other bands of the genre, although The Roots have a tendency to transcend labeling. They played a free concert for the 4th of July with Sheryl Crow last year in Philly, and they were great.

one more music related children show fact if yall didnt already know, the show rug rats on nickelodeon , was created by Mark Mothersbaugh of DEVO!!! music and all i think devo did the soundtracks to the movies too if I remeber right, I think some where in the opening of the show they had some toy cat with a devo hat on, love me some devo

I have no comment about the music or the instruments being used in original video ...

... BUT WHAT IS THE STORY WITH THOSE CREATURES DANCING AROUND?

I've seen things that look suspiciously like them in Adult catalogs (batteries not included).

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
C'mon! It's a show for children! Or people on acid. I'm not quite sure. Jack Black was on once so...

I sort of enjoyed the song, less the visual theme. Sure beats the Wiggles...If you have raised children during the late 90's or early 2000's you may appreciate this song even more! :-({|=

Archived