Gibson Brands Forums

I Want A Job With Epiphone!

Elias Graves

Well Elias, being on the retail side of guitar sales, I can tell you that there is no such thing as a dedicated "Epiphone Representative". Gibson reps also handle the Epi line.

Glenn, my Gibson rep, is a really great guy and knows his stuff. He comes to the store regularly and conducts some very interesting training on both Gibson and Epiphone products. As a matter of fact, the first time I met Glenn was when the Gibson Bus came to Vegas a little over a years ago.

Here's a pic of him changing the strings on my Epi SG Prophecy GX ... he actually ended up doing a pretty good set-up for me. Does he have a cool gig or what?

SANY0027.jpg

Jim

Brian: I keep an eye on that page. Nothing for me there right now. You never know what's really open until you talk to someone inside though.

I was just kidding EG, most companies that maintain web sites like this just do it for public relations, and to keep the current staff on their toes. The real hiring process is often more "who you know" than "what you know".

matter of fact' date=' the first time I met Glenn was when the Gibson Bus came to Vegas a little over a years ago.[/quote']

Jim... Big Bros. has a Magic Bus???

images3ah.jpg

Oh oh... can I drive[cool] ?

eggmuffins

It may not be Gibson, but my one of my buddies friends works for Fender in Scottsdale. A couple of weeks ago, I was honored to get a tour of the office. WOW, talk about heaven, I was there.

Every office had at least 3-4 guitars along with 3-4 amps. Every type of Fender product imaginable and probably a few that aren't even available yet.

As one walks through the halls, it's like being in a museum with all the musical equipment on display.

I know the career choice in my next lifetime!!! work for Fender or Gibson or any musical instrument company.

Jim... Big Bros. has a Magic Bus???

images3ah.jpg

Oh oh... can I drive[cool] ?

eggmuffins

They do indeed have a Magic Bus ... several, in fact!

Lo and behold, my original thread with pictures is still out there in the Epi Archives:

http://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=122295

What a fun day that was ... I even bought a guitar that day ... my Epiphone '58 Korina Flying V!

Jim

I would like a job with Epiphone - on my first day I would turn up with my shoelaces undone, tie loose, shirt on inside out, no belt, trousers round my ankles. When they asked me what's wrong I would tell them I just need set-up. But not to worry, if they couldn't do it themselves a luthier could do it cheap.

See how they like it.

7C

I actually did apply once at Gibsons Nashville plant. It was about 20 years ago when I was living just outside Nashville. Seems like the job was in shipping or something. Oh well; what could have been....................

"Glenn, my Gibson rep, is a really great guy and knows his stuff."

Jim please don't tell me he actually takes money for doing that job? Sheesh! Some people have all the luck!

Dig

"Glenn' date=' my Gibson rep, is a really great guy and knows his stuff."

Jim please don't tell me he actually takes money for doing that job? Sheesh! Some people have all the luck!

Dig

Dig,

...And that's real American money, not OzPesos! (following AU$ losing another 10% against the US$ overnight)

eggmuffins (but hold the egg... I might hafta buy that next week!)

Epi1 you say? I'll give it a shot. Thanks. Wish me luck!

Good Luck EG... but don't forget... if you are successful.. YOU heard it here first... & your Epi-head brothers will expect 'career consultants' discounts[biggrin]

eg (Oh' date=' & while you are there... Mate... d'ya think ya could sort me a good deal on a nice T/Bird!) [/i']

Archived