Gibson Brands Forums

WHo would like to see a SG Single Cut

Dio-bass

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a Guitar by Washburn called the 'Idol Series' (WI64) that looks a bit like a single cut SG. I tried one and it feels a lot like an SG. (I have an SG special).

http://www.washburn.com/electrics/idol-series/

There's one in my local shop and it's been there for at least 2 years. Now the price has dropped to 2300 Hong Kong Dollars (US$295). List price on the website is US$550...To buy or not to buy??

I might make a fun project guitar. Add some P94's and put it through it's paces live for a bit!?

That's called a Les Paul..

Geeze, some people.

Geeze some people. There are big differences between a LP and a SG, you should know: sound, woods where the neck joins the body, switch position. I agree with you SOME PEOPLE!!!!!!

I actually liked the shape of those Washburn models. If Gibson made something with a similar shape and body (Solid or Weight relieved body, Flamed Maple top, Body and Neck Binding, 57 or BB pups, etc) to that, i would defintley check it out, but i wouldn't want it to be called an SG. It kind of resembles a solid body ES137

Geeze some people. There are big differences between a LP and a SG, you should know: sound, woods where the neck joins the body, switch position. I agree with you SOME PEOPLE!!!!!!

Good luck with your re-design champ, I'm interested to see if you can change rock history for the better for the future of course.

Well... you will all be happy to hear that I tried the Cheap Washburn WI64 for a good hour today.. it plays brilliantly.. but the volume controls don't make any difference to the volume level until you get to '1' and then it cuts... and the VCC so called coil tap emulation ..erm.. thingy... REALLY SUCKS! SHAME! it feels really good in the hand.

RUBBISH!!!!

I guess that's what you'd expect for the money.. I suppose you could swap out the electrics, but I can't be bothered when I've got a totally brilliant SG.

It's a cool looking guitar... but it really doesn't compare to the prestige, nor sheer EVIL coolness of the double-be-horn-ed one.

SG Special 2003

ES359 Custom 2008

Epiphone Sheraton '90s

Fender Jag '62 reissue Olympic White 2009

Gordon Smith GS1.5 60 2010(LP jr shape, with single coil in neck position and coil tapped humbucker on bridge)

NEXT??

4929233803_9719797d7f.jpg

I felt bad about not giving your idea a chance, so I sketched out what it would look like, with the whole tone knobs and 3 way switch being in different spots and a LP. What does everyone think?!

Personally I know I'm no artist but I don't think a real artist should have to use their talent to draw something like.... that...

The keen eye will notice the lack of strings, so that no human could play it should someone wish it to life.

4929233803_9719797d7f.jpg

I felt bad about not giving your idea a chance, so I sketched out what it would look like, with the whole tone knobs and 3 way switch being in different spots and a LP. What does everyone think?!

Personally I know I'm no artist but I don't think a real artist should have to use their talent to draw something like.... that...

The keen eye will notice the lack of strings, so that no human could play it should someone wish it to life.

Man your sketch is not bad, thanks for giving it a chance, you dont know what will you like until you try it first. Im not saying that I want one. Im just saying it would be odd to see one even a prototype. maybe it could change rock history and if so, I guarantee you that if a have a share in that I'll give you a 50% of all winnings. Rock on dude

Man your sketch is not bad, thanks for giving it a chance, you dont know what will you like until you try it first. Im not saying that I want one. Im just saying it would be odd to see one even a prototype. maybe it could change rock history and if so, I guarantee you that if a have a share in that I'll give you a 50% of all winnings. Rock on dude

No.

Archived