Gibson Brands Forums

RIP SRV

Twiz

Yeah, I saw him not too long before that in San Antonio. Was a great show. Jonathan Richman and The Isley Brothers opened. It was an insane crowd in the streets of SA. Also hard to beleive it's been 20 years since High school. Thanks Twiz. :blink:

Wow!

I was in the darkroom at college and the first reports were that Clapton had died. There was utter tragedy in the reporters voice.

Then, on the next newsflash they announced it was just some guy called 'Steve Ray Vaughan'.

I couldn't believe it at first...

RIP.

My Dad woke me up the morning after it happened. We had been playing the night before so we didn't hear about it till the next day (my dad plays Guitar, too. We used to play quite a bit back then). I remember how bright the sun was coming through the window to my Bedroom, and how dark it seemed. Hours went by before I picked up my Strat and started playing my anger and sorrow. I've never been so affected by the Death of someone I'd never met.

R.I.P Stevie, you made the blues a better place.

Wow!

I was in the darkroom at college and the first reports were that Clapton had died. There was utter tragedy in the reporters voice.

Then, on the next newsflash they announced it was just some guy called 'Steve Ray Vaughan'.

I couldn't believe it at first...

RIP.

I remember hearing it was Clapton also. Sad either way. RIP SRV.

I only got to see him once but it was VERY up close. He was playing our university's Fall Fest before he became really famous. He was the headliner and Cindy Lauper was on just before him, so she kinda "opened" for him (it was very strange). While all the teenie boop fans were piling out, my friend and I got right up to the stage and I got to stand about 5 feet from him for 2 hours. I was 17 years old and he blew my mind away. I almost quit guitar that night...

He still blows my mind. I used to walk passed the El Mocambo in Toronto every night.

Not once while walking by did I not think of Stevie and that just beyond those walls, on that stage

he raised the bar for electric blues.

Miss you much Stevie.

He still blows my mind. I used to walk passed the El Mocambo in Toronto every night.

Not once while walking by did I not think of Stevie and that just beyond those walls, on that stage

he raised the bar for electric blues.

Miss you much Stevie.

+1.. what an amazing performance. I watch that DVD all the time. [thumbup]

Archived