Gibson Brands Forums

My last recording with my first band (1986)

duane v

Somebody is posting music on youtube of my first band DeAllen... LOL!!!

We formed in 1978, all of us grew up together through grade school and started the band in the 8th grade. We played our first gig our freshman year at the Timbers in Covina, and pretty much played the Sunset Strip until 1985-86. I left in the latter part of 86 (20 years old)... The depression of two fellow band mates that were killed was too much for me, and I decided to go to college full time for a bit.... And mostly I just felt old, probably the depression making me feel that way.

Man I really miss those guys. We must have wrote over 300 songs, and fought during the process on 290 of them [biggrin]...

Band mates

Lisa S - vocals

Drums - Jimmy "Bear"

Bass - Bong Water Bill

Me - Guitar, Backing vocals

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg1QslYhW6Y

That was very good.

Fantastic. It reminded me of something Meatloaf would do. Don't know why, but it did.

Good stuff. Great solo Duane.

Care to talk about it. I mean you don't have to. I understand. But how did your band mates die?

Tragic story Duane. You guys were pretty good.

Thanks for the post.

That was very good.

Fantastic. It reminded me of something Meatloaf would do. Don't know why, but it did.

Good stuff. Great solo Duane.

Care to talk about it. I mean you don't have to. I understand. But how did your band mates die?

Tragic story Duane. You guys were pretty good.

Thanks for the post.

Thanx for the kind words folks....

As for my pals / band mates that have passed on... Joseph our first drummer, which I knew since kindergarten was killed in a car accident, he was only 18. And Gabe our rythm guitarist was murdered in the back of a club trying to defend a girl from being robbed, and was shot in the face.... For me, music would never be the same again...

Always thought we would grow old together playing rock n roll..... I think about the both of them often

Wow...

Given your ages at that time, there's a lotta class there.

I would be surprised, though, if there aren't a lot more folks with similar memories of bandmates going under - and that's musicians of all ages.

m

Thanx for the kind words folks....

As for my pals / band mates that have passed on... Joseph our first drummer, which I knew since kindergarten was killed in a car accident, he was only 18. And Gabe our rythm guitarist was murdered in the back of a club trying to defend a girl from being robbed, and was shot in the face.... For me, music would never be the same again...

Always thought we would grow old together playing rock n roll..... I think about the both of them often

Wow thats awful. sad.gif Sorry for your loss man.

It sounds good though! laugh.gif

yea i liked it a lot, you cant beat a bit of 80's cheese [biggrin] (no offence)

and that woman has a fantastic voice [thumbup]

She's great, she was 18 at the time and the drummer was 17...... I was the old fart of the band [biggrin]

Ya we were it bit 80's [scared] LOL....

video isn't working at the moment so i'll check back soon, what guitar was that duane? i like it [smile]

She's a working now.... The guitar is a 83 Charvel strat my parents gave me as a graduation present. Then I went and had it re-painted by Charvel a year later with custom graphics. My son has laid claim to it [biggrin]

Archived