Gibson Brands Forums

playing during The Game

saturn

I feel ya; I have had a few of those gigs in my life time. One of those turn the bar clock forward more than 15 minutes nights. Cool pics those at least we can see part of that Carvin sitting back there...

Good eye. I didn't even notice my Legacy back there in the photo.

We told everyone we were starting at 9PM but then they told us 9:30 and then we played one song and they came over and told us to wait til 10PM [cursing]

Oh well, we got paid the same and just played 2 long sets instead of 3.

Good eye. I didn't even notice my Legacy back there in the photo.

We told everyone we were starting at 9PM but then they told us 9:30 and then we played one song and they came over and told us to wait til 10PM [cursing]

Oh well, we got paid the same and just played 2 long sets instead of 3.

What kind of songs you playing?

They wouldn't turn it off for you guys? And the Drummer had to put up with a Projector TV in his face?

I'd make them beg you back to that Half Assed establishment. Actually, I would have either turned the thing off myself, covered the lens with a jacket, or refused to start playing till after the game....with no discount from us. The way I see it, you hired us to take the stage, that's our stage tonight, we tell you what goes on up there (unless we're too loud, we always respond to owners telling us it's too loud).

I have played during Sporting events before, they had the ball game at one end of the bar and us on the other. All we had to do was keep the volume down so they could hear the game at one end of the bar. Worked out fine, once the game was over the Baller crowd came over and listened to us for the rest of the night.

That’s rough. I played in a bowling alley once, almost on the lanes. It’s hard to get a “vibe” going when “The Dude” is behind ya working on a turkey in the 10th frame.

I feel for ya.

I am the lone football hater in my band (not really a hater just no interest) so when fall rolls around its band hibernation time. Sucks!!

Archived