Gibson Brands Forums

First recording - feedback very welcome !

EuroAussie

Hi folks,

I have a new vocal partner. We had our second meeting / jam today and did our first recording. Completely dry, song Wherever by The Calling.

Played on my Country Western.

Would be great to get feedback from you both on the playing and my partners vocals. First impression always count of course.

Here's the link: http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/taylorprague

cheers !

I very much enjoyed your recording. It sounds like a raw single track recording - no processing - but the guitar and voice sound very good. If you were tracking/mixing, there's a couple spots where the voice volume could come up bit. Still, as I said, I enjoyed it. Nice job. B)

Thank a lot Buc! Actually we recorded direct into a 'Snowball' condenser mic. Completely dry and without further mixing. We were both suprised how well balanced the recording finished up straight off the bat.

Well done, Aussie! Good dynamics in the vocal and the guitar both.......a well controlled performance. Well done! What did you use to make the recording? It sounds quite good, actually.

Thanks a lot for all the positive comments folks. Yeah, it seems we might be on a good thing here. Both of us were surprised how quickly we gelled, but i guess that comes down to good chemistry, and a bit of experience.

We are now working on a set list as will probably start hitting some of the pubs and live venues in the near future here in Prague. When we have more recordings Ill definitely post a link, your feedback is always valuable !

cheers,

Mark

Nice one Aussie. Please post your set list when you have drafted it. I for one am always looking to nick other peoples ideas! My playing partner and I are working on Cast No Shadow - Oasis and Time Of The Season - The Zombies. Do you do any backing vocals on any of yours?

Well i certainly owe you our set list AJ since I asked you for yours, and nicked a couple ideas .. :-)

Its not finalised yet but these are definite conteders. We want to have basically 21 ready to go. (3 x 7song sets)

I do harmonise wherever suitable and am trying lead vocals on drugs dont work and power of love. Love singing, but just not strong enought ... yet.

1. David Gray Be Mine, Babylon

2. Keith Urban Stupid boy

3. Bill Withers Aint no sunshine

4. Jason Mraz Im yours

5. Limp Bizkit Behind Blue eyes

6. Radiohead Fake plastic trees, Creep

7. Oasis Slide Away, The Masterplan, Morning glory

8. The Calling Wherever

9. Crowded House Fall at your feet, Weather with you

10. U2 One, With or Without you

11. REM The River,

12. Verve Sonnet J “OR” Drugs don’t work,

13. Dépêche mode Personal Jesus

14. Blue on Black Kenny wayne shepherd

15. Midnight Oil Dead Heart, Beds are burning

16. Foo fighters Times like these

17. Jack Johnson Banana Pancakes (OR) No Other Way

18. Frankie goes to Hollywood Power of love

19. GNR Patience

20. Robbie Williams Angels

21. Dylan Knocking on heaven’s door

22. Poison Every Rose has its thorn

23. Bon Jovi Wanted Dear or Alive

Nice one Aussie. Please post your set list when you have drafted it. I for one am always looking to nick other peoples ideas! My playing partner and I are working on Cast No Shadow - Oasis and Time Of The Season - The Zombies. Do you do any backing vocals on any of yours?

Archived