Gibson Brands Forums

Worst Lyrics

freak show

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

`

" Peoples ... I woke up thizzmawwwninnn ....

I was searchin' in the sun for another overload ....

For aaaalllll we knooooow !

Lemme tellya now chil'ren ...

Rawkin' Mount'n Hiiiiiiigh .... Yeah, Carlo Raddoh !!!

Aaaaiiiinnn-geeeee .... Aaaaiiiinnn-geeeee [whine, whimper]

Gidtout mah life, Ainn-geee ... gotta see mah way 'roun !

When will these clouds all disap-peee-eee-eee-aaaahh ? "

`

`

Just don't get me started ..... hear ?

`

Yeah, but I am trying to tune it out.

j/k. I will say you have some strong opinions. My only thing with the Who is all of the English-isms they reference. We don't understand that here in the States. Didn't Mark Twain call it vernacular?

I don't know who is worse - STP or Bush. Might have to go with Creep by STP. That line where rhymes mouse and house? Epic.

I happen to like both of those bands. Weiland was whacked out of his mind on heroin when he wrote lyrics for most of the earlier albums from what I remember hearing. On the later albums he wrote sober, said he had a lot of trouble lyrically. I saw a youtube video once showing him recording impromptu lyrics to the Deleo's riffs and he was wasted out of his mind. Dean and Robert Deleo are still a couple of my favorite guitar/bass combos.

I have a major pet peeve of folks who just come up with random lines that rhyme that have absolutely nothing to do with anything. There are SO many, but LFO's "Summer Girls" is a perfect example.

Stayed all summer then went back home,

Macauly Culkin wasn't Home Alone

Fell deep in love,but now we ain't speaking

Michael J Fox was Alex P Keaton

Poetry...just poetry. ](*,)

Ugh... I remember this.

"Electric Avenue" Eddy Grant

Down in the street there is violence

And a lots of work to be done

No place to hang out our washing

And I can't blame all on the sun, oh no

CHORUS:

We gonna rock down to Electric Avenue

And then we'll take it higher

Oh we gonna rock down to Electric Avenue

And then we'll take it higher

Workin' so hard like a soldier

Can't afford a thing on TV

Deep in my heart I'm a warrior

Can't get food for them kid, good God

CHORUS

Oh no...

Oh no...

Oh no...

Oh no...

CHORUS

Who is to blame in one country

Never can get to the one

Dealin' in multiplication

And they still can't feed everyone, oh no

CHORUS

Out in the street...

Out in the street...

Out in the playground...

In the dark side of town...

CHORUS

Rock it in the daytime

Rock it in the night ...

???

I am being serious. Great record, I dig it. I'm working on a cover of Glycerine and Comedown

I must know how to play half that record, the guys I play with are big fans and well, I have to be flexible if I want to play with others. I like it OK.

I must know how to play half that record, the guys I play with are big fans and well, I have to be flexible if I want to play with others. I like it OK.

I don't get the hate some bands get just because they don't have a "guitar god" in them. I lean more towards punk/grunge stuff because of the lack of off the wall guitar solos. I like bands for bands, not just one person.

There is absoulutely worng with Bush and especially Sixteen Stone, I think it is a great record, I don't think is super trascendental but they rode that Grunge wave well. I like playing those tunes now, my heart was not into it in the beginning but after I found hard to play that sliding riff on Machine Head I took it as a challenge.

I always though Motley Crue had crappy lyrics.

There is absoulutely worng with Bush and especially Sixteen Stone, I think it is a great record, I don't think is super trascendental but they rode that Grunge wave well. I like playing those tunes now, my heart was not into it in the beginning but after I found hard to play that sliding riff on Machine Head I took it as a challenge.

Got a recording? One of my favorite Bush songs.

I don't have a recording of it, we were thinking of how to record our playing to see how to improve but we just haven't. Actually we haven't played in 2 months now [crying]

I like that song too, the neck on my Explorer makes it easier to play.

My friend does the intro really well but he cannot sing while playing that particular riff.

I happen to like both of those bands. Weiland was whacked out of his mind on heroin when he wrote lyrics for most of the earlier albums from what I remember hearing. On the later albums he wrote sober, said he had a lot of trouble lyrically. I saw a youtube video once showing him recording impromptu lyrics to the Deleo's riffs and he was wasted out of his mind. Dean and Robert Deleo are still a couple of my favorite guitar/bass combos.

You can defend STP. The Deleo brothers are one of the best gtr./bass combos in hard rock. Great riff writing and killer playing. I don't get Weiland. He's a ****** bag frat boy who discovered Black Flag and thought it was all about violence. That date rape song: Sex Type Thing? Give me a break.

Bush is just regurgitated American hard rock with juvenile, cryptic lyrics. Did Gavin finish grade nine?

Archived