Gibson Brands Forums

This a ****ing joke?

dem00n

The morons at Gibson need to just make decent standard models of their current guitars in these types of finishes ......please stop putting peoples names on the dam guitars. This is actually limiting sales you idiots. I do not want anyone's name

on my fukin guitar from Gibson except Les Paul ........if I ever decide to actually get one. I don't even like SG on my guitars and have removed that........grumble !!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too much into this particular sig model, (I do like the top), but I also don't disdain Nickleback or Chad Kroeger like so many others do. I'm not a fan-boy, and they're not my favorite band or anything. I don't even own any of there albums. But, I do like some of their songs.

Now I'm gonna get made fun of :-({|=

The morons at Gibson need to just make decent standard models of their current guitars in these types of finishes ......please stop putting peoples names on the dam guitars. This is actually limiting sales you idiots. I do not want anyone's name

on my fukin guitar from Gibson except Les Paul ........if I ever decide to actually get one. I don't even like SG on my guitars and have removed that........grumble !!

Well said.. [thumbup]

In common with pretty much everyone else I like the guitar.

I really like it's looks. With an ebony 'board it would look even nicer. I'm sure it will play just as nice.

One oddity that confuses me is this quote from the detailed spec listing;

"...The guitar's fingerboard has no binding or inlays, enhancing the feel and look that this model sets out to achieve..."

:-k

If the bridge piezo is like the one on the tobbacco Slash sig model then it's very good indeed.

Where I seem to differ from everyone else is I have absolutely no idea of who Chuck Kroeger(?) is and I have never heard a single Nickelback song.

I can click on the video link, I suppose, but am not really that interested.

My loss, perhaps. I know I should be open to new bands but I'm trying to get my 6 year-old daughter ready for school as I type this and don't need another distraction!

Billie Joe Armstrong, Zack Wylde, Sammy Hagar, Jimi Hendrix, Aaron Lewis, Kiefer Sutherland, and now Chad Kroeger. That's a mighty impressive lineup. [blink]

But now that all of the great Gibson players of Rock History have been covered maybe Gibson should start concentrating on signature models from the less important guitarists.

Has anyone here ever heard of Neil Young? I'm pretty sure he has been playing a Les Paul for quite a few years now.

Old Black would be a great signature model.

Old Black would be a great signature model.

I agree. However...

I read an interview with one of the guys responsible for the signature re-issue series. He, too, would love to put out an 'Old Black' run but it seems Neil Young isn't interested in endorsing the project. Quite the opposite, in fact. He really isn't into that sort of thing, it seems.

Without his specific approval the 'Old Black' sig re-issue couldn't happen.

I read an interview with one of the guys responsible for the signature re-issue series. He, too, would love to put out an 'Old Black' run but it seems Neil Young isn't interested in endorsing the project. Quite the opposite, in fact. He really isn't into that sort of thing, it seems.

Thanks for the info!

It's too bad that he's against it, but on the other hand, I'm sure he has good reasons for his decision.

Well, I guess I'll just have to console myself with the Chad Kroeger signature model. It's black too... [unsure]

I'd never spend the extra money for a sig guitar if I could get the look and features from a different one. But this is actually a pretty cool looking axe. I also don't hate Nickelback... they're kind of a guilty pleasure for me when the radio plays 'em. BUT - that guy has been a PRS player from day 1! That tone they said "screams Les Paul" ... well, it doesn't. It screams PRS -> Mesa Boogie. I was cool with the rest, but these marketing guys have gotta' learn when to quit... :rolleyes:

I thought he was a PRS guy also. This is akin to giving Santana a sig piano! It's like WTF?!? [confused][cursing][confused]

I don't know if these guys are kidding.

But Nickelback is great.

I bet if someone offered these guys this guitar for free they wouldn't whine about it anymore XD

The guitar is beautiful. I guess the guys don't know a Gibson when they see one anymore.

How old are you?

I bet if someone offered these guys this guitar for free they wouldn't whine about it anymore XD

The guitar is beautiful. I guess the guys don't know a Gibson when they see one anymore.

Sure, you buying? No one is knocking its looks, we're knocking the name on the TRC which you pay extra money for. I liked Nickelback when "How You Remind Me" came on the radio when I was what, 16? A couple of their tunes are okay but the rest of their songs just sound too damn similar to each other.

Guess I'll puke in this bucket too.

No one is knocking its looks...

I am. I think that top is ugly. Reminds me of an old grey factory. And piezo pickups? Blech.

...but the rest of their songs just sound too damn similar to each other.

Someone took two Nickelback songs, put one in the rt. speaker and the other in the left speaker, and when they play the arrangement is *exactly* the same; down to the length of each part (soft intro, heavy chorus, soft verse, heavy chorus, etc). You can probably find it on YouTube. They are what aspartame is to cane sugar. Their music gives me a headache like no other rock band.

Someone took two Nickelback songs, put one in the rt. speaker and the other in the left speaker, and when they play the arrangement is *exactly* the same; down to the length of each part (soft intro, heavy chorus, soft verse, heavy chorus, etc). You can probably find it on YouTube. They are what aspartame is to cane sugar. Their music gives me a headache like no other rock band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2pXfAK8r1k

Archived