Gibson Brands Forums

If you could keep only 1 guitar?

guitar_randy

Out of all the guitars you own,if you could keep only one,which would you keep?

I own Fender Strat,Gibson Les Paul,And coupld Gibson SG's.I own others too,Ibanez ,epi etc,but out of my favorites which are the Gibsons,I'd pick my SG Standard.It is in my opinion my favorite and the most comfortable to play.The Les Paul has a more powerful sound,but the sg is just feels most natural to me to play.

My 1964 Fender Strat! Too many stories, memories, and personal value (monetary value aside), to ever think of

selling that one. But, in all honesty...I love all my guitars! But that one was my very first electric, purchased for me

by my Mom, brand new, when I was 14, for my birthday. She saw it last, when she was in the hospital, just before her passing, at age 94! I put a pair of headphones on her, and played through a "Rockman," so she could hear. She was almost deaf, by then...but, with the aid of that "Little Fender" (as she called it) and the Rockman, some memories of my practicing, with my band, in the living room, came flooding back to her. The expression on her face..."Priceless!"

CB

That's an easy one, my '58 Martin 00-18. It was my dad's. He used it to put a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, shoes on our feet and food on our table. With 6 kids and a housewife, it was quite an amazing task! Me and a couple of my siblings also learned how to play guitar using it too. It's beat to hell but still is playable and sounds great.

DSCF0849.jpg

Archived