Gibson Brands Forums

chuch berry still rocking

hotshot9991

Chuck and I (and a bunch of members here) live in the same town. He still plays once a month at a local nightclub here and at various special functions. I have crossed paths with him a few times, and have even done one concert with him. Chuck is quite a "character", and I don't really mean that in a good way.

At dinner with friends last week, my wife mentioned she had never seen Chuck play. She said "I still want to see Chuck Berry live". Someone else at the table said, "you're too late".

We wouldn't have to look to our past so much if there was so goddamn talent in these "new" artists. The music industry just doesn't make them like they used to and with Auto-tune from the 80's taking over and "Musical guests" on SNL all basically lip syncing I'd rather listen to Chuck any day than go digging through the "New Artist" section of music for something to listen to.

Now I'm not trying to Generalize here, there are talented young musicians, but they're not nearly as prolific as the bums the big labels use to churn out the dollars.

Still I'd rather Chuck there than Beiber.

I have been wanting to go see Chuck Berry live in St. Louis for a while because to me this is the the guy that started rock and roll guitar but I am affraid that I will be dissapointed as it seems he does more of an appearance than actually a show.

hey riverside when you get to be 84 I wanna see if you can still even raise your arms so please stop complainging and thank him that he was a very very big part of bringing rock n roll along.........

What's your problem?

The clip was horrible (IMO), and I said so.

If your point was that you like watching old people wiggle around, you should have said so.

Did you watch "Hail! Hail! Rock and Roll"?

Archived