Gibson Brands Forums

Santana Live

IanHenry

I’ m going to watch Santana tonight at Manchester here in the U.K, and I’m rather excited about it because I’ve never seen them before. Carlos Santana has to be one of the greatest guitar players ever!

How many people here have seen them live and what did you think of them?

Regards,

Ian.

I’ m going to watch Santana tonight at Manchester here in the U.K, and I’m rather excited about it because I’ve never seen them before. Carlos Santana has to be one of the greatest guitar players ever!

How many people here have seen them live and what did you think of them?

Regards,

Ian.

Only seen live clips and they are pretty good

From Woodstock to date

Love the rhythms

And the Man himself

He wears cool hats

Enjoy !!

In 1975 opening up for Eric Clapton

I saw that show in St. Louis. Santana smoked, Clapton sucked. In his book, Clapton talks about how "out of it" he was on that tour, drinking like two bottles of brandy a day (or something like that).

I also saw Santana a few years ago at a big arena show. Derek Trucks opened up and smoked, Santana seemed only to be going through the motions. The show seemed to be more of a political platform for his bleeding heart, feed the children crap than the music. I eventually walked out disappointed.

I saw him Twice, once in '95, Great Show, Butch Trucks sat in on the Drums and they played 4 hours of nonstop tunes.

Then in 2005, severely disappointed. He went from a talking about world peace in '95 to fueling Racial Tension in 2005 [confused] . Not to mention his playing and his choice of Singers and Back Up Band had gone down hill over those 10 years. It was kinda sad, really.

I saw him play in 1976 when he first had just started using Mesa Boogie amps. Great show from a great player.

Here's a true story that could only happen to someone who has had the right training, sees the need to act, and well saves the guys life.

My neighbor is a former police officer. When she was living in No. Cal. last year, she would regularly go to the gym for a good workout.

While she was there one morning a man had a heart attack while working out. She immediately did as she was trained to do. She performed CPR, had the management call 911 and basically saved this man's life.

It turns out it was Santana's long-time manager.

After his recovery, he contacted her and told her any venue, any time front and center. She flew to Las Vegas for a couple shows with her husband and they really enjoyed it.

True story.

Don't even get me started..

I agree. Especially after you fellas want to hang me after my EVH comments. lol

I respect Carlos, but I feel hes a Peter Green wannabe but doesnt quite have the

feel for it. Every one of his solos sounds the same (more or less)

I can take him in small doses.

I hear hes a very nice man and very down to earth.

Just arrived back this morning, and the gig was fantastic. Very much a band effort, as opposed to Carlos Santana and backing band, with every member of the band having their moment in the spotlight, and solo spot including Carlos’s fiancée Cindy Blackburn doing a guest number and solo on drums (I’ve never seen a woman play the drums like that before!).

I was surprised by how much Carlos used the volume control on his guitar to change his sound, which was very impressive.

2&1/2 hours of excellent music, a bit expensive at £62 (approx $120) a ticket, but yes I would go and watch them again!

Regards,

Ian.

Carlos’s fiancée Cindy Blackburn doing a guest number and solo on drums (I’ve never seen a woman play the drums like that before!).

I cant believe this but its true!!!

I have lusted after Cindy Blackman for years (Thanks Lenny Kravitz)

and now shes hooked up with Carlos???

Carlos you are now my sworn enemy!....btw, Peter Green called, he said either do his licks properly or dont do them at all.

"Hello darkness my old friend" :(

... you fellas want to hang me after my EVH comments. lol

I respect Carlos, but ... Every one of his solos sounds the same (more or less) I can take him in small doses.

Deepblue -

If you keep goin' against the current, you might become known as deepsh*t . . . [flapper]

Anybody seen my hip waders?

Deepblue -

If you keep goin' against the current, you might become known as deepsh*t . . . [flapper]

Anybody seen my hip waders?

Im good with it. As long as people know that its just an opinion they shouldnt get too uptight about it. Youll notice I do say some positive things about these players as well.

Archived