Gibson Brands Forums

Your Favorite Concert You Attended

MrNylon

Do you have a favorite concert that you attended that really stands out for you above all the others. OK, how about two, maybe three?

Jethro tull 1980

the clash 1982

Chuck berry sometime in the late 80s

Briant setzer in the late 90s

and a free poe concert, she really kicked butt, one of the best concerts ive ever seen and it was free!

I've seen everything from punk,goth,progressive, metal,doo wop rock, swing and big band but out of them all i believe i actually like chuck the most. He ripped it up on stage even as a grizzly old veteran and was so polite and humble when signing autographs.

btw, i saw motley crue and ozzy and guns n roses in the 80s (supposedly the best of their time) and both were drunk, stoned and gave a subpar performance. Other people tell me i just caught a bad show but suffice to say i never went back to see either again.

Tool on the 10,000 Days tour the day before Mother’s Day and Maynard told the crowd “Happy Mother’s Day” between the songs “Wings for Marie” and “10,000 Days”. If you know what these songs are about you understand why this was significant, it was a pretty special moment.

haha one of my teachers let me borrow a RFTC album. It was pretty cool they seem like they'd be awesome live.

They don't play anymore (John Reis has been in other bands since...all of them awesome) but there was a time when a lot of people said they were the best live band on the planet. Pick up Scream, Dracula Scream! or Circa: Now! They're awesome.

haha one of my teachers let me borrow a RFTC album. It was pretty cool they seem like they'd be awesome live.

My best show was probably Sonic Youth. I've seen a lot of great shows though.

thumbs up for sonic youth! ive never seen them live but they are one of those bands that never sold out, love them.

Tool on the 10,000 Days tour the day before Mother’s Day and Maynard told the crowd “Happy Mother’s Day” between the songs “Wings for Marie” and “10,000 Days”. If you know what these songs are about you understand why this was significant, it was a pretty special moment.

I saw them on that tour as well.

That would be very cool. Really wanting to see them in concert, especially if I could have seen them at Lolla in the mid 90's. Smashing Pumpkins would be good to see as well.

For me though, my favorite concert was May of 2008 when I saw Stone Temple Pilots at the Charter One Pavilion in Chi-town, right on Lake Michigan. Front row, had some fat chick rubbing on me to keep warm (at least I'm hoping, I was using her for a wind-block). Up close and personal with Weiland and the DeLeos. Dean's amp caught on fire and was shooting some pretty gnarly flames.

They don't play anymore (John Reis has been in other bands since...all of them awesome) but there was a time when a lot of people said they were the best live band on the planet. Pick up Scream, Dracula Scream! or Circa: Now! They're awesome.

One thing that stuck with me was something written on the back of the cd case.

It said "Crank it or spank it!" I thought that was pretty awesome.

Pretty unrelated but do you like Pinback and their associated side projects? They're one of my all time favorites and I love their side projects. Three Mile Pilot just released a new album. I figured you'd like Goblin Cock and stuff if you know them.

Summer Jam '82 in KC:

Rainbow (Straight Between the Eyes)

John Cougar (American Fool Tour)

Ted Nugent (Nugent Tour)

REO Speedwagon (Hi Infidelity)

+Others

36 hours of partying....too old to do that now.

Def Leppard (Pyromania Tour)

Nazareth ('Snaz Tour) Opened for Billy Squier

Beach Boys at STL on 7/4 when Regan didn't want them playing in Washington.

Sammy Hagar (VOA Tour)

'70s Mac Davis & Dolly Parton

Rush (Signals & Pressure/Grace)

The Who's "Tommy on Broadway", does that count? It was awesome.

Billy Joel 1982 The Nylon Curtain

Billy Joel An Innocent Man

REO Speedwagon 1985 Wheels Are Turnin'

REO Speedwagon 1988 Zilker Park Free Concert

REO Speedwagon 1989 San Antonio Sunken Gardens

Joe Satriani 2002 Coliseum

AC/DC 1986 Frank Erwin Center

Journey 1986 Raised on Radio Frank Erwin Center

Cars/Wang Chung/Power Station

Though not my favorite group [a regular top 5 perhaps but not my favorite] I would honestly have to say that the Eagles Hell Freezes Over tour concert was the best. It was my wife's treat as that is her number one group and these guys played for 3 freakin' hours minus 2 short breaks.

So many other close seconds though.

Archived