Gibson Brands Forums

Magic Man

Californiaman

What ever happened to them anyways??

Have they, the sisters, made any albums together at all in the last 10 years together???

I always had a crush on them in the 70's for some reason or other.

Oh they're still rockin'. Just released another album [mentioned above] and have a Paladia HDTV concert playing right now.

Yeah, they were a part of many fantacies here too but I was really taken back by their musicianship. Saw them in concert in '77 or '78 with [i think] Blue Oyster Cult and Head East. Amazing concert over all but I left a Heart fan for life. They've always remained in my top 5 somewhere.

That was pretty tight for a live version of Magic Man. [thumbup]

IMO, the original is one of the all-time greatest studio tracks. It's a masterpiece. Everything...vocals, harmonies, acoustic and guitars, synths, bass, drums...is all perfectly played and blended together in the mix. I can imagine the producer and musicians listening to the final mix for the first time with big smiles on their faces when they realized what a gem they had created.

Yeah, having seen them in concert a couple of times I must say I've always been a fan.

Here's another cool video from that show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5PKULglde8&p=53B0892B46FF5C48&playnext=1&index=3

and here's one of my best friends Heart tribute band Barracuda playing Barracuda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcddWtcUwp0&feature=related

What ever happened to them anyways??

Have they, the sisters, made any albums together at all in the last 10 years together???

I always had a crush on them in the 70's for some reason or other.

They are still rockin, but not as popular as they were with all the junk out there,......Jonas Bros and crap like that. Jeeze. Check out Ann's amazing voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYbyCIxSY_w

That was pretty tight for a live version of Magic Man. [thumbup]

IMO, the original is one of the all-time greatest studio tracks. It's a masterpiece. Everything...vocals, harmonies, acoustic and guitars, synths, bass, drums...is all perfectly played and blended together in the mix. I can imagine the producer and musicians listening to the final mix for the first time with big smiles on their faces when they realized what a gem they had created.

I'm in total agreement with you Saturn.

I could just imagine that happening just like you said. [thumbup]

Interesting how the band made a switch from Gibsons in the early days to Telecasters and Stratocasters today.

Although, I know that I've seen Craig Bartock use Les Pauls as well as Stratocasters while performing.

A lot of it has to do with individual preference I'm sure.

Thanks for this Californiaman. Brought back memories of driving to the lake with that cassette in the stereo.

No problem.

I remember driving around in my buddies van partying and having a great time with my girl friends. The girls always wanted to see heart in concert and I was happy to oblige.

Thanks for the Vids,

I have been a Heart fan since the 70s as a young boy and still as an old man. I can't even remember how many Heart records I burned through, It is my opnion that Ann sings better now than she did then, but damn she looked better then.

All the young boys had a crush on the Wilson sisters. Chick Rockers Gotta love em!!!

Heart is the original grunge rockers.

Yes, great video, thanks for sharing. As for the second Nancy on bass; perhaps he could have been more conservative and worn a hot pink tu-tu and a flaming yellow tube top. I remember, I used to own that exact same moog. I sold it years ago, a regrettable error. At least I never wore an outfit like that bassist though; isn't he in Judas Priest now??

Archived