Gibson Brands Forums

How would we know?

Steven Tari

Here lately I have a lot of friends dieing of cancer at the yard, that I have worked with for over a quarter of a century. I've told my wife if anything happen's to me to go into my Favorites and let all the forums that I'm a member of know. So that bring's up a question. How do we know when a Forum Friend is Bumped, Quit, or Died. I as one would like to know if someone that I have talked to and shared ideas with passed.[crying] Just sayen. :unsure: Now in a lighter note.[biggrin]

To all my friends that are Vampires, Werewolves, or Zombies, HAPPY HALLOWEEN, From one of the Knight's who say NI, NI . WOW! I try to stay away from Hot Pepper eaters. SHEECHS! [scared]

I, too, have wondered on occasion.

There's another forum I visit where one member has quite serious health issues and every time I visit I hope to see some posts from them.

And as far as my own mortality is concerned; I try to bear in mind the following quote from John Donne (and enjoy my time in the here and now.) ;

"...never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee..."

That always cheers me up!

P.

Unfortunately this happpened in the Acoustic forum....A member had to have surgery and never posted again....Gilliangirl and a few others tried to track him....then one of the guy's friends posted here for him that he had died.

Also happened last yr. in the Epi. forum......longtime member stopped posting suddenly, because he had passed.

Good idea though Steven, i'm not close to many people here, but my Mrs. does need to let people on other forums know if something happens suddenly.

Who? I must have missed this.

Hey GibsonLesPaul1319 - Do we know each other from the Acoustic Guitar Forum? I'm Stratokatsu there...

We have a file in a drawer here at home. It's got copies of the insurance policies and other important documents in it, (originals are in safe deposit box), so that if something happens to one of us, the other can act fairly quickly. One of the papers is a short list of friends to advise by email so they can tell a few forums. We never really thought about it before a few months ago when a friend mentioned something similar.

Hey GibsonLesPaul1319 - Do we know each other from the Acoustic Guitar Forum? I'm Stratokatsu there...

We have a file in a drawer here at home. It's got copies of the insurance policies and other important documents in it, (originals are in safe deposit box), so that if something happens to one of us, the other can act fairly quickly. One of the papers is a short list of friends to advise by email so they can tell a few forums. We never really thought about it before a few months ago when a friend mentioned something similar.

Oops, I should have specified, I meant the Gibson Forums- the Acoustic Section of it.

I as well have a so called " contact " list so when I strum the last time, somebody will at least be told of friends, forums, ect.....

And NO I did not include you guys yet!!!

I don't want any buzzards flying over my few muscles cars and fewer guitars and other antiques that are around from my inheritance.....

Just kidding ALL my forums large and small are included! msp_biggrin.gif

I don't plan on leaving for the great gig in the sky anytime soon, but you never know. A meteorite might hit me on the head tomorrow.

I have a folder on my computer with my wife's name on it. It has different text files that give her instructions on how to run my software business, and all the groups that I frequent. I have an encrypted password file, and she has the key password to open it up. So unless she and I go at the same time, she'll tell you where to send the flowers (actually, I don't want flowers, as I won't be here to appreciate them).

Notes ♫

Those who know my full name could easily Google it to find an obit which would almost certainly be on line. That's here and on a cupla other "history/philosophy" forums I'm involved with where my email address has the full name.

The "HenryJ" version of the forum has all members' full names. A mod could use email adx as a name to Google if anyone were interested.

So... whatever... I'm not planning to study daisies from the root side in the near future but as several have said, one never knows. I've already outlived my "birth" mother by a quarter century. (Which is why my "Mom" now is pretty young for the role even after 50 years of filling it quite well.)

m

Those who know my full name could easily Google it to find an obit which would almost certainly be on line. That's here and on a cupla other "history/philosophy" forums I'm involved with where my email address has the full name.

The "HenryJ" version of the forum has all members' full names. A mod could use email adx as a name to Google if anyone were interested.

So... whatever... I'm not planning to study daisies from the root side in the near future but as several have said, one never knows. I've already outlived my "birth" mother by a quarter century. (Which is why my "Mom" now is pretty young for the role even after 50 years of filling it quite well.)

m

Oh what history forums? What areas?

I'm obssessed with history!

Best subject I do.

This is new territory.

I saw an obit last summer. It was of a 50 something year old man. Amongst the 'survived bys', included "and numerous friends at the ___________forum." I suspect, either he knew he was going to die and helped write his obit, or had a 'death book' with, in addition to where all his and assets money were, instructions of whom to contact, probably website, log on IDs and passwords.

I suppose it would be good to know if a fellow poster I cared about passed. In this day and age of cyber wakes, one can post a message on many funeral homes' memorial pages, which I suspect is shared with the family.

My wife recently posted on one of these after losing a co-worker to suicide. The co-worker's family claimed the body and had the services too far away for us to attend. So, she posted a condolence on the dearly departed's page on the funeral home's website.

And... yeah, hunh... for a nominal fee you can add a flower or 'burning' candle to the post.

This is new territory.

I saw an obit last summer. It was of a 50 something year old man. Amongst the 'survived bys', included "and numerous friends at the ___________forum." I suspect, either he knew he was going to die and helped write his obit, or had a 'death book' with, in addition to where all his and assets money were, instructions of whom to contact, probably website, log on IDs and passwords.

I suppose it would be good to know if a fellow poster I cared about passed. In this day and age of cyber wakes, one can post a message on many funeral homes' memorial pages, which I suspect is shared with the family.

My wife recently posted on one of these after losing a co-worker to suicide. The co-worker's family claimed the body and had the services too far away for us to attend. So, she posted a condolence on the dearly departed's page on the funeral home's website.

And... yeah, hunh... for a nominal fee you can add a flower or 'burning' candle to the post.

The ultimate suspension!

But seriously, well, never mind.

Archived