Gibson Brands Forums

Halloween

Artie Owl

Hey gang, does anyone have plans for Halloween this year?

I.E do you go crazy on decorations for the kids? Watch Scary movies or have a get together?

Or you could tell us about your best halloween costume, or experience.

Are you a new parent with young ones starting Halloween? Or do you not believe in the spirit of the holiday?

Does your work do anything or what? Come on I can't think of it all.

This year I'm going to be a drifter/guitar player like the ones that stand on the corners of Halifax playing for money. I've got a bandana and ripped jeans and a guitar so I'm set.

If I can find it, I'll share my Han Solo costume picture from a few years ago it'll take some time though.

Anyone else?

No plans this year, didn't have time to get a costume. Last year I was Caesar but my best one was Captain Morgan, everyone at the bar was taking pictures with me. Had a friend who works on costumes and makeup for the college theater help me out.

^ [thumbup]

Han Solo was my hero growing up. You know, he shot first! [cursing]

Yeah I loved that costume, I still wear the military surplus vest. I even ironed on all the little red blood stripes on the pants.

Although..

When I went to school there was a guy at the Registrar's office that had an AWESOME Han Solo costume, he even used a leather jacket to make the holster. I'm glad I wasn't wearing mine next to him. Still he was blonde, and I didn't have that issue with the costume there, ALL NATURAL!

I love Halloween....unfortunately, we do not celebrate it here in the Caribbean....Mainly if there is any trick or treating it will be just for young kids....

Still, we're gonna get a big pumpkin and make a Jack O Lantern....Fun!

Also, might go see the new SAW movie with some friends.

Dunno, if I can get in, because Í am still 17.

One of my favourite Halloween movies from when I was a lot younger is Halloween Town 1 and 2, 3 is just ok

I think he's talking about the sweatshirt hanging in the background on the right.

That Sabbath shirt is sweet my friend has that same shirt.

Oh yeah! I hadn't caught sight of that in the pic.

That's my roommate's sweatshirt. He's got a ton of Hollister apparel...and he's also a huge Lady Gaga fan...

I don't really like Halloween. I'll probaly put a pumpkin in my window and pass out extortion candy to the local kids to avoid the inevitable egging of one's home if you don't. And... I will drop one, pre-packaged candy bar into your TorT bucket. You don't get to ram your grubby little hands into my treat bowl. One cavity to a customer. If i know the kids or if a costume is particularly cute, I'll give two pieces or add a colorful pencil.

Then at the prescribed END of TorT, the porch light goes out and I watch the place for a couple hours after TorT is over. Thank God the temp is supposed to drop below zero. The ne'er do wells usually won't stay out any longer than when their fingers get numb.

We live in a small village of 500 souls. What I really hate is the parents from three towns over that bring their kids. They pull up to a house, the kids bail out of the mini-van side door, run up to a house, then back to the van and roll to the next house. I call it Drive-By Trick or Treating.

You ever get egged?

No - but I think somebody said the same thing last year.

I take care of the children in my neighborhood before dark.

Any self-respecting child older than about nine shouldn't be out begging for candy, anyway.

Oh, and where I live, there aren't many punk-assed egg throwers, anyway.

Halloween, being on Sunday, this year...We're playing Saturday night, at the local

"Watering Hole!" Should be a Hoot, as we did the same thing, last year, and the

costumes of patrons were great! Don't really do anything, costume wise, myself...

but, it's fun seeing what other's come up with.

CB

No - but I think somebody said the same thing last year.

I take care of the children in my neighborhood before dark.

Any self-respecting child older than about nine shouldn't be out begging for candy, anyway.

Oh, and where I live, there aren't many punk-assed egg throwers, anyway.

Really? I still go tricker treating. [lol] Its free candy!

Archived