Gibson Brands Forums

Pedal Boards

Chiseen

After a long search for a good inexpensive pedal board,

Me and my bandmates have taken matters into our own hands a decided to build 'custom' pedal boards.

The Mk1 board was a metal and plastic stiff mesh with the pedals attached with cable ties... this was soon replaced by a piece of plywood, sprayed black, rubber feet attached and some LED's added for 'bling'. We are fortunate enough to have a store near us that custom makes flight cases, so now we all have our own, custom boards and cases for about 300 Hong Kong Dollars... about 40 US Dollars.

What boards do you guys use?

Chiseen

Gibson SG Special 2003

Gibson ES-359 custom 2008

Epiphone Sheraton natural 1999

Fender Jag '62 reissue (with Mustang bridge coming soon )2009

Gordon-Smith Les Paul Junior Shape 2010 made to my specs.

VOX AC-15 cc1

furman spb8

Built in furman power conditioner

3 115vac outlets

8 9v dc outs

huge velcro surface.

I only run three pedals

just want a stable power source for my Bassman 135, damn near lost it two years ago.

Any one with any experience with the Boston Clubs has fried at least one amp, due to dirty power.

I made my own about fifteen years ago, well before you could buy them. Went to the local hardware store and bought a piece of scrap lumber for a dollar. Coated it with ivy patterned contact paper and duct taped it underneath. It has a power strip mounted on the top and my pedals are held down with Velcro. A lot of pedals have come on and off that sucker, but she still does it for me.

I made my own about fifteen years ago, well before you could buy them. Went to the local hardware store and bought a piece of scrap lumber for a dollar. Coated it with ivy patterned contact paper and duct taped it underneath. It has a power strip mounted on the top and my pedals are held down with Velcro. A lot of pedals have come on and off that sucker, but she still does it for me.

+1, I found a piece of wood in my garage, screwed another board on the back to give it a little angle. I have to expand it though, damn Big Muff is way to huge for this one to fit my pedals on it...

Honestly, I tell everyone if they can afford the PedalTrain they will not regret it. I made numerous pedalboards of my own - some were quite nice. The PedalTrain is just so much better. (I have the medium sized one with the "flight case")

i use the boss bcb-60 works great for me! im running a Noise suppressor, equilizer, bad monkey tube overdrive, chromatic tuner and a crybaby (going to pop a dod yjm308 in there too)

its great and have giged with it a few times now since getting it. i love that i only need 1 power plug to put in for all my pedals, dont need anytihng else. durable and reliable (so far :P)

Archived