Gibson Brands Forums

Phil Collins??

eightiesbaby80

Hey Guys,

I just saw this video of Phil Collins performing "You Can't Hurry Love" and it BLEW ME AWAY!

The performance was so passionate that it got me thinking Phil has to be a BEAST in the bedroom. I mean, something like this doesn't just happen -- he must be using past encounters to fuel his energy! That's why I think he would be a great individual for romantic advice, am I right?

Here's the performance I'm talking about: http://bit.ly/9ZF3A5

What do you think?

For my money, his best work has always been in the background - especially the work he did with John Martyn on his Grace & Danger album.

The pair of them were going through messy marriage break-ups at the time, so lots of tears, arguments, drinking, etc - and an incredible body of ceative work.

I met Collins on a cruise ship many years back, all I remember really was that he was a total prima-donna and a total jerk to everybody. He was also about four feet tall when I first saw him walking around b***ing at everybody and complaining while wearing a bright orange shirt - I thought he was a pissed of Oompa Loompa.

I am not a rich guy, but I would be willing to paypal someone $10 if their band can do an awesome cover of Genesis's "The Brazilian" I always wanted to hear a more guitar laden version of it.

Ok I stand corrected, I owe this guy $10.

Someone please cover this, I just want to hear someone replace the keyboards and synth with guitars in an interesting way.

Or at least better than this guy. I thought I was weird.

I am going to feel bad if it turns out this guy is autistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVz05VqBEXw&feature=related

do an awesome cover of Genesis's "The Brazilian" I always wanted to hear a more guitar laden version of it.

I always thought the same thing about Abacab.

Talked to a few friends about it over the years, brainstormed how best to replace all the synths with various guitars.

Including the bass.

Brits seem to be more eager to embrace this;

Phil lost me when he simply started releasing the same stuff over and over.

Say the same about any other band, but take In the Air Tonight.

There was also Mama and I Don't Care Anymore.

A cool song got recycled.

[crying]

Archived