Gibson Brands Forums

I think im starting to see the point of Metal core.

dem00n

Its really a mix of hardcore and metal, but majority of bands under the banner of metal core dont do it correctly nor follow it at all really.

Only a few bands in the 90's did, who had quite well musicianship and song writing unlike todays "popular" metal core bands.

Heres an example of what i mean, at its prime i would say.

Now the problem is, these few bands...the flag carriers one would say are so god damn unknown i cant find a video on you tube.

So i really think that metal core really died around 96. Would i say these current metal core bands are influenced by todays? No, they really sound different.

So lets just call todays metal band (majority, still some good ones out there), ****. :D

Edit: yeah i know most of you dont care, just putting this out there. :P

I don't see the point with all the mini genres, half the time bands get mislabeled with the wrong "core" and their fans get all uppity about it. To me a genre is more about an inclusive style with a lot to do with its time period like Grunge, Industrial, and Metal/Heavy Metal/Hair Metal.

Re: medio core -

ROFL X100!!!

Good one Neo! [lol]

Thanks Karen, but in all fairness I can't claim that for myself.

[rolleyes]

Dem00n coined that little moniker all by himself with his unique approach to speeling.

I simply recycled it from one of his previous posts.

[woot][biggrin]

Archived