Gibson Brands Forums

Got my el BONUS!!!!

duane v

So jealous right now, I dislike you.. oh go play that deluxe when you get it, and hope you break every string ...Kidding

Looks nice but comeone, wouldnt the RR custom be better lol

I really want the RR Custom, but I already have one. I'm really careful about redundency when it comes to guitars.... I like my guitars to be different

I really want the RR Custom, but I already have one. I'm really careful about redundency when it comes to guitars.... I like my guitars to be different

I really don't understand the problem here Duane, you promised me the RR custom as soon as the new ones came out...hmmm maybe that was just a dream lol

I do like the 71 Deluxe, I've never played one myself but they sure do look nice. Heard several on you tubre and sounded sweet.

So why no Re issue in your collection? just curious

El Bonus?

Los gold top?

What's with all the Mexican references?

Is it a south-of-the-border Fender?

[flapper]

I finally bought my new 2007 Deluxe because it was cheaper than any decent originals I could find.

Always been curious to see how they would compare...

2378759771_2bf77470e5_z.jpg

3374897030_dd8d2af6da_z.jpg

Always been curious to see how they would compare

Based on the newer Gibsons I own, I would state just as good, if not better. The necks and fretboards on the newer Gibby's always feel better to me.

The two things that are keeping me from purchasing a newer deluxe is the lack of a ABR1 with nylon bushings, and the 71 pups. Otherwize I would purchase one identical to yours [drool]

I know I'm going to refret the guitar, because the frets are the low wide type (or fretless wonder).... I call them the "bendless wonder" fret wire.... which I hate.

That's exceptionally clean Duane.

That alone makes it rare for a 40 year old guitar.

Care to discuss the area of the price?

Still above a new one, even in this soft market, would be my guess.

And that's the other luring aspect of this particular Gibbby, is how clean it is. I appreciate players that make the effort in keeping thier instruments nice.

The posted price is a shade under $6k.... I'm sure there is some wiggle room for negociations.... I know what I'm willing to pay.

Archived