Gibson Brands Forums

Would you buy the Wine red robot?

Naradien

The robot is an interesting concept.

But, when I get on stage with a few brews, I am going to argue with it. Like everybody else.

I don't like the idea of argueing with my guitar.

I expect it, if no-one else, to be on my side.

I'll pass.

Murph.

I don't plan to buy a Robot, not worth the $ to me for the tuning gimmick. However, it seems your question was really about color. So assuming Gibson was going to give me one because I am so awesome, would I pick the Wine Red? No. I'd pick one of the metallic colors. Why? Well, it's a Robot that's why! The Silverburst is pretty sweet too though.

First off let me say you guys are very mistaken about the Robot. I was lucky enough to get a first run limited and I have to tell you it is on of my best sounding guitars. It has a great feel and plays wonderfully... Open your minds... Don't be so..., negative, go to what ever guitar store you like and play one for a while. Give it the benefit of the doubt, you may be very surprised... That being said the tuning thing also comes in very handy and works great. The price is another issue. It may be too pricey as it is being offered now. When I got mine it had an ebony fretboard, a bound neck and headstock and a special hard shell case, very nice all. Now they are just a regular LP Studio that has the robot technology... Also I payed around $700.00 less than what they are being offered for now, they jacked the price way up and lost the nice extra features I already mentioned.

Anyway, getting back to the original question, I would get the desertburst or Fireburst but I see no difference between the two colors....

MyRobot.jpg

HAHA i see people on this forum dont support the Robot...I however love the idea of changing tunings within half a minute, will come in handy for gigs etc...

This is why i am getting one...in Wine Red or Manhattan Blue...both look extremely nice

So i guess im in the minority by saying yes i WILL get a Robot in Wine Red...

I'll pass on the Robot. I play regular gigs and I like to keep things simple. I can't envision waiting while my guitar tunes itself, or worse yet, dealing with it if it decides to go south and not work right - as in tuning itself while I'm playing it.

I'm definitely not a technophobe, but I'll tune my own guitar.

Hey guys' date=' would you buy the Wine red color? I think that it looks different than anything i've seen. Under finishes, there is the option there.

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/divisions/gibson%20usa/products/lespaul/robotlpstudioltd/[/quote']

That's not winered (the guitar in the link)! It's a solid color called purple. Winered is a bit darker than cherry - and translucent.

Archived