Gibson Brands Forums

Let's talk Amps! What Rig are you Running Through?

Andy R

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally this

DSC_0005-3.jpg

The 18 watt Marshall handles the dirtier stuff, the Deluxe Reverb does the

clean or the more traditional blues stuff. With the pedal board I can turn

on or off the Deluxe or either channel of the Marshall (one master volumed

one not).

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Nice set-up dude. I used a similar set-up when I was still playing out but it was a JCM 800 Halfstack through 1960 Marshall TV cabinet, Roland JC 120 for Clean and a Blackface Twin for blues and clean. I have been thinking about building an 18 Watt kit for a while. Uh what's the orange Amp? Is it an Orange?

This is my live set up....

Stack.jpg

Those Egnaters are pretty cool. I like how you can sweep between the output tubes. Came this .. close to buying one but decided to save the cash and buy an Epihone valve junior to modify and screw around with. Love that Black Custom!

Most gigs these days are smaller venues so it's this mic'd through the PA. The NOS Blues Jr.

fenders009.jpg

also have a Fender SS Stage 1000

stage1000.jpg

and for practice in my office an old Peavey Backstage 50

peavey.jpg

Nice! I had one of those Backstage 50's years ago!

I use a Peavey Transtube Supreme Head w/ a 4/12 cab for my guitar, Picture296-1.jpg A marshale head with Peavey 2/12 cab and Samson 200 wt. Stereo Studio head for my Keyboards. Picture300-1.jpg A peavey XR-600 F as my PA head, With an Acoustic Head as a whatever head. Picture303-1.jpg . A set of Black Widow 15" cabs for the back and 15" Scorpins for Monoters to finish my PA system. Also have other cabs and heads if I have Company come by to jam. Picture295-1.jpg It's old gear but good for me.[thumbup]

Looks like you got it covered man. You be ready to jam anytime!

Sunn T50 C

My pedal board is ever changing, but I have a Swollen Pickle, which I love and use a lot, a 69 fuzz, which i'm still toying with, a russian big muff, which is great, a carbon copy delay which gets used for a couple of songs, and then I still need to play around with my other pedals to figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Sunn amps are pretty sweet, if you see one, pick it up. They can often be had for less than 400 bucks, and are killer especially for the price

I've been thinking about picking up a sun if for anything just to mod a bit.

Depends. For Rock/ Metal, an Eden Nemsis N-8, and either the pedal board of the gods, or the ToneLab LE.

For Blues.... maybe straight into the Fender Blues Jr., maybe the ToneLab into the Blues Jr.

Amps

100_1597-2.jpg

I have a nice spice rack to populate the PBotG, so it depends on what I'm trying to accomplish as to what is in there. Currently, It's a TU-2 --> PH-3 --> PS-5-->MT2-->CE-5-->DD7.

Spices (less the Pepperoni)

100_1604.jpg

ETA pics

Aha you fell for my fiendish trap!msp_w00t.gif Now I have the ingredients to top secret Chantone!!!!! eusa_dance.gif

Hmmm yeah this has been done a few times here; but I'll play again.......... lol

Primary amp right now is a Marshall JMD-1 Half stack with a pre JCM 800 1960A cab loaded with greenbacks

Secondary amp is a Peavey 5150 first generation half stack with a 1960b cab also with greenbacks

I also have a small vox combo, epi combo, a 15watt Marshall Zakk Wylde MS full stack with 2X10's cabs, Roland cube amp, 6watt silver tone combo, fender twin combo and on the bass side I have a Ampeg Pro 3V full stack with a 2X10 and a 1X15 cab and on stage I use a 2X15 EV anvil cab.

For effects since they are used mainly in recording I have a Line6 Pod X3 Live and a Pod XT Live; and loads of BBE effects; old MXR effects, DOD and Boss pedals.

Cool man and thanks for playing along again!

I feel imasculated. I won't even show my gear.

Dave

Dave using the right camera angle you can even make the tiniest of things seem huge! Trust me I know so whip it out dude.

This is what I'm playing with right now...

newgear3b.jpg

I haven't had it long and played through it much, but I'm really starting to like the Blackstone OD with the Class 5. I've still got my tweed Blues Jr., and since I took this pic, I've moved the Mastotron fuzz to the Blues Jr. The MXR 10 band EQ is fun to diddle with, too.

I'm a bit late, getting here, but I use a Fender Blues Junior,

for bars, Hot Rod Deluxe w/matching extension cab (small "stack")

for a bit larger venues...and a Twin Reverb, for even larger

venues, or out of doors. I have a Marshall Valvestate-20 and Fender

Sidekick 35R, for practice amps. And a 4X12 Marshall 1960A cabinet,

that I'm still waiting on funds, and a "great deal," to add a DSL head

to, as well. But...The Blues Junior, as of now, gets most of the stage

time!

CB

Nice set-up dude... Uh what's the orange Amp? Is it an Orange?

It's not an Orange, although it is definitely orange! It's the 8 watt Uber Champ built by a friend of mine.

I built the amp cabinet and covered it in orange because I had the orange 2-12 already.

I have a demo vid if you are interested in knowing more about it...

(apologies to those who've been around here a while and have probably seen it already).

It's not an Orange, although it is definitely orange! It's the 8 watt Uber Champ built by a friend of mine.

I built the amp cabinet and covered it in orange because I had the orange 2-12 already.

I have a demo vid if you are interested in knowing more about it...

(apologies to those who've been around here a while and have probably seen it already).

Surfpup!!

Great demo of the Uber Champ.

Loved it.

Awesome sounding amp and great playing to boot. [thumbup]

My gear is posted below.

My pedal board is a work in progress right now.

Not going to post pictures, due to needing to take them first and you can see all my gear in my signature...I use all of my amps pretty equally...I would say I use my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III, and Vox Night Train stack the most...I'm pretty satisfied with my rig right now..Just need to get some recording equipment and learn how to work it... [confused]

In the 60's and early 70's Fender Bassman amps were used for everything. PA's, guitars, organs, pianos, and even basses. At one time they set the standard for the real working player's amp.

Archived