Gibson Brands Forums

Crappy SciFi movies appreciation thread.

Kimbabig

I love looking for mistakes in movies. Most of the time it's too easy. One of the more blatant ones was some awful jail movie starring Wendy O. Williams (of the Plasmatics). There was one scene where the prison guards kept advancing and every so often (for dramatic effect) they would rack the slides of their shotguns.

How many times did they need to work the slide in order to chamber a round?

Forbidden Planet - 1956 - with one my favs - Leslie Nielson

It's a road map for the future TV series Star Trek and Lost in Space -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4crGU7dkg&feature=related

Forbidden Planet was my favorite. Anne Francis, Leslie Nielsen, Walter Pidgeon and Robby the Robot!

If you watch this movie there is a part where they are all walking across a narrow sky-way up high above the power grid left by the aliens. The film makers are using a mat to super impose this scene. The only place they had enough room to do this was in the back alley behind the movie set. It had just rained and they didn't have time to waist so they used it. If you look close at this scene you can see water puddles along where they are walking that was left over from the rain.

My other favorite program is Mystery Science Theater 3000. When I was a kid my brother and I used to go to bad B movies and make the same kind of comments while watching them.

I just watched Kronos that I got from Netflix, which seems to only have bad movies and TV shows. If you watch this trailer notice the two people fighting and suddenly one of them pushes the other against electrical equipment and he gets electrocuted. It seemed to be the standard in those days that if someone needed to be killed, push them against some kind of equipment and they would be electrocuted. Ya got to love these kind of movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ErOqYD-i3Q

Archived