Gibson Brands Forums

This is a Very Quiet Forum

Larry1958Texan

Maybe it's because of the holiday season, but this is the first forum I ever joined where there was virtually no response to my introductory post: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/60487-1st-post-introduction/

Thank you Red 333 for the welcome.

On other forums at least the mods chime in to welcome new members.

I had read some discussion about whether the EJ-200 and CE had solid or laminated tops. I posted photos of my EJ-200ce to try and further this topic: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/60559-ej-200ce-solid-top-see-photos-and-decide/ There were 2 replies.

Thank you wiggy and again Red 333.

When I joined here I was hoping for more than this.

I agree...it is pretty quiet. I posted for the first time in another thread and even posted a picture of an old Epiphone I own. I guess I pretty much killed that thread because mine was the very last post.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/37502-epi-bolt-on-neck-acoustic/

I even brushed my teeth and put on antiperspirant before posting but I guess it wasn't enough. :(

Oh well...you did it correctly. I guess I shouldn't have let my reply to an existing thread be my first post.

Welcome L58T (& dkn),

I dont jump into the Epi-Acoustics forum much, but saw your thread 'pop up' & couldn't let that pass without saying 'hi' (to both you guys)

&, hey, if you want quiet... head south to the Epi-Basses forum... it gets 'monastic' down there some weeks... & with us bass slingers being so noisy & all... who'da thought [biggrin]

The majority of the action goes on in the Lounge & Electric forums whilst here in the acoustic area it seems to come in flurries. Come and join us in the lounge and you'll soon get to know everyone.

There is a tendency in this hurried and hassled world, to post on an Internet forum and expect someone to expertly respond within minutes. But believe it or not, some of us have actual non-virtual lives that we must attend to from time to time. One thing about this forum that I rather appreciate is that the mods don't micro-manage the place, except when flamers get on and start abusing folks.

In any case, welcome Larry - if your post doesn't get answered on the first try, bump it, someone will respond when they get out of the loo...

Quiet happens soemtimes. I've started a few posts that have just dangled there

lifelessly with no chance of resuscitation. Welcome by the way.

When there's already similiar posts and I'm on that one, I'll tag on there.

Don't really care to tag onto to more than one post with the same comments.

For example, I tagged onto another post about the ej's top and commented on

my top there because there was already a discussion going.

I've been hurt many times here when no one would laugh at my whitty quips

or recognize the brilliance in the one or two posts where I've actually

contributed something. Maybe it's been 3 times. It's been so long, I can't

remember.

Curb your enthusiasm,guys!

In the last week someone actually thanked me for my advice

and a while ago someone wrote "what he said" which I took to mean I was

actually right about something!

Now if I could get a photo on here I might not be a Gibson mandolin any more!

Thank you for your post.

Red 333

The irony is overwhelming. I've just recently started checking out the acoustic side of things here (I watch 4 other forums, too) and have said to myself more than once, they're a little slower over here. Funny that the post bringing that up gets more response than other I've seen. By the way, the cricket chirping was hilarious. Anyway, welcome. Thanks for the spark.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes I don't notice all the new people signing in. My "time sickness" got to hurry stuff you know.

Sorry about not giving you a big

HOWDEEEEE and WELCOME. I found this to be a very nice place to visit with helpful & friendly people with both Epiphones & Gibsons. [thumbup]

Aster

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes I don't notice all the new people signing in. My "time sickness" got to hurry stuff you know.

Sorry about not giving you a big

HOWDEEEEE and WELCOME. I found this to be a very nice place to visit with helpful & friendly people with both Epiphones & Gibsons. [thumbup]

Aster

I am new here too, but I agree.

There is another Gibson Forum out there on a Bootleg Site. For a while, I thought that was the real one !!! Little did I know.

Tommy

"We are vewy, vewy quiet because we are hunting wabbits."

How did you know that ? I just shot one off my verandah!

Yep it's slow but sincere, and that matters. G'day & a big welcome from Oz Larry. (The dry part)

Got to admit that I don't look in here as often as I should either....mostly electric.

Oh well ~

Digger

Thanks, guys! It's a stunning guitar! Both in fit/finish, and tone!

My dealer said they can't keep them in stock, and he feels like it's the

best Epi Acoustic, they're making, right now. Not hard, for me to believe,

at all. Sounds amazing...especially, for the price!!!

So, yeah...I love it! LOL

CB

Archived