Gibson Brands Forums

Get 'em while they're hot

WahKeen

It's a freaking toy!

Holy crap! Do you guys b!tch when the GI Joe M-16 doesn't kill for real?

Where's all the "Barbie isn't anatomically correct:" angst??

Let 3 year olds play with their fake guitars!!!

What? That's not the target market?

Nevermind.

[lol]

vintage-kiss-1977-1978-toy-guitar-aucoin_360317146338.jpg

91b5ba8d43d5.jpg

Smurfs_Musical_Toy_Guitar_Wind_Up.jpg

Yeah, toy guitars have come a long way.

I've said it before about Guitar Hero and other Imitation Guitar Games and toys. They're not making kids think they can play the guitar without learning. They're Pretending to play the guitar, which is the first step to REALLY playing the guitar. As soon as some kid brings their paper guitar to a party and realizes the girls are making fun of him (or the boys are making fun of her) they'll give up any illusion that they are playing a guitar, if anyone is actually so unrealistic as to bring a paper guitar to a party for anything but a joke.

Let the kids pretend, I actually think it's better for them to play paper than get a real Les Paul and let it sit collecting dust. That's what all the Wannabe's did in the 80's. There was Jacksons and Ibanez's all over town with no fingerprints on them anywhere, they could have used a Guitar Hero or Paper Jamz and saved their parents hundreds of dollars.

It's a freaking toy!

Holy crap! Do you guys b!tch when the GI Joe M-16 doesn't kill for real?

Where's all the "Barbie isn't anatomically correct:" angst??

Let 3 year olds play with their fake guitars!!!

What? That's not the target market?

Nevermind.

[lol]

Uh you know the whole Barbie thing confused me for a bit. First time I saw a nekid girl i was like msp_confused.gif....msp_confused.gif..msp_mellow.gif....msp_blink.gif...msp_scared.gif..msp_w00t.gif..msp_drool.gif... msp_love.gif...eusa_pray.gif

By the way I am going to go Buy a couple of these Paper Guitar things just for the sheer hell of it! Might even Stick a big O Gibson Sticker on it too!!!

Archived