Gibson Brands Forums

Got my Byrdland

Bunky

I bought my Byrdland finally. Beautiful natural finish, i just have to learn how to tame her, and find the sweet spots, and protect her from my 2 year old.

RIght now i'm using a Showman head with a 1x15 cab. Sounds pretty good. I'm curious how it might sound through a Super Reverb, or something with more speakers.

I bought my Byrdland finally. Beautiful natural finish, i just have to learn how to tame her, and find the sweet spots, and protect her from my 2 year old.

RIght now i'm using a Showman head with a 1x15 cab. Sounds pretty good. I'm curious how it might sound through a Super Reverb, or something with more speakers.

Congrats on the new guitar, HNGD, the only way to see how it would sound through a different amp would be to take it to your local music shop and test what they have on offer. Even if someone else has a Byrdland and can tell you their preference, amp wise, there is nothing like hearing it with your own ears, everyone has different tastes.

Where are the PICS, we need PICS, post some PICS.

Congrats on the new guitar, HNGD, the only way to see how it would sound through a different amp would be to take it to your local music shop and test what they have on offer. Even if someone else has a Byrdland and can tell you their preference, amp wise, there is nothing like hearing it with your own ears, everyone has different tastes.

Where are the PICS, we need PICS, post some PICS.

I think i might invest in Doug's Plugs to fill the f-holes, the Showman demands to be played loud, and the byrdland like feed back. I love the rumble from the guitar when she starts to feed back.

I think i might invest in Doug's Plugs to fill the f-holes, the Showman demands to be played loud, and the byrdland like feed back. I love the rumble from the guitar when she starts to feed back.

Feedback can be controlled to some extent by your position, and the direction you are facing in relation to the amps location.

But you still didn't address our major concern, where are the PICS, we need PICS, post some PICS.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats !

That is the Elitist Series Guitar in my book, I bought (new) a Elitist Series '57 Goldtop and was saving but then they were discontinued

(oh why!) I had my plans to get a Elitist ES-335 and or Byrdland Elitist , The Byrdland's are really holding value + per Vintage Guitar Price Guide 2011 , compared to the other models (currently) I love my '57 Goldtop and would only sell it in dire emergency (same with a Gibson Blueshawk I picked up used with a OHSC (when they changed to gig bags at the end, I emailed a local shop and they had gotten it in 2 night prior and they sent me pictures Sat am and I was off and there and played it through tube amps and a Line 6 Flextone II

head and a 2x12 , another customer came in , saw what I was playing (siting on a stool) + hovered around me and I did not take my hands off it and bought it and He Left! close, but I bought it and for a great $ as well

Congrats again, I saw the pictures too, Beautiful Guitar eusa_boohoo.gif like a Stradovrios! (? spelling)

ambientales

I have an '04 Elitist Byrdland and it is truly the highest quality electric guitar I have ever owned. I had an ES-175 back in the late '70s/early '80s and it was 'OK', but it wasn't anything compared to this thing.

Mine is sunburst. I originally wanted a blond one like yours but the Elitist Byrdlands were already scarce when I went looking for one a little over a year ago. When this sunburst one came up locally I grabbed it and I'm glad I did; I wasn't going to pass it by to see if a blonde one appeared from "somewhere". It's a stunner.

I have a good friend that lives in New York and is a well known jazz/big band guitar player there. Over the years, he's found that 12" speakers work best with his L5s, Guilds and Epiphones. 1x12 open back in a small venue, 2x12 half closed/half open back in larger ones, alnicos over ceramics. When he comes back to this side of the country, he borrows either my 2x12 cab or my 12-10 cab, rather than shipping the ones that I built for him. You might find that trying a 2x12, rather than a 1x15, might lessen the feedback issue a bit. See if you can find a 2x12 cabinet that's divided, to allow one open and one closed. Experiment a little and enjoy the search. Natural color hollow bodies are in my opinion, always the prettiest guitars and IMHO are the definition of what a guitar should look like. Congratulations.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived