Gibson Brands Forums

The Pub Thread

Duende

I couldn't find the old pub thread, so here it is back again in all it's glory msp_biggrin.gif- for those of us who love booze - and want to indulge in 'drinking and typing' without worry of bad spelling or nonsensical sentences just an online thread that is a pub.

So happy New Year to you all ! (Miraculously after a bottle and a half of red wine and a bottle of champagne I have woken as fresh as a daisy!...)

Cheers (below a highly recommended Italian lager called Peroni)

post-6745-025454900 1293880336_thumb.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Matt, God Bless Your New Year................................................

Mine will be blessed...................and I believe in FREE SPEECH, and Gibson allows me it............and Cooper doesn't.......

Damian I have no idea what you mean with all this! LOL Lets keep any of this stuff to e mails and/or private messages other wise the dark side comes into the thread. On a side note I wonder if having a huge pizza just before my boozing last night and three pints of water played a part in me feeling so fit and well this morning.

I deserve to be laid up with a flannel over my head and instead my friend is picking me up in half an hour for beer and an afternoon jam!!

Matt

... I wonder if having a huge pizza just before my boozing last night and three pints of water played a part in me feeling so fit and well this morning. I deserve to be laid up with a flannel over my head and instead my friend is picking me up in half an hour for beer and an afternoon jam!!

Matt

You go bro! [thumbup] Yes, hydration is the key. (A belly full of pizza can't hurt either). [biggrin]

I'm with BT Bob.... some of that malt stuff, but very seldom any more. The peatier, the better, IMHO. But I'm not entirely sure that isn't a side effect of aging where it seems most folks my age prefer stronger tastes in food and drink.

I noticed quickly that Korean drinking tradition includes overdoing the food side when possible with drink. I think it helps, but there were some mornings years ago that I must not have eaten enough. The U.S. southern "bar and grill" tradition of "French fries" smothered in gravy is good too.

I almost hate to admit that New Year's Eve my tipple of choice was coffee until 6, then orange juice, straight.

m

I ended up texting some folks "Happy birthday!" instead of "Happy New Year!"....that was funny stuff.

LMAO!!!

My friend with a hang over told his 4 year old daughter today that if she kept trying to make her Barbie Doll climb my guitar it could break it - and then he would have to sell all her toys to pay for it! LMAO! Her face looked so WTF!!!

Matt

Bud Light gives me gas. [thumbdn]

I can't be doing with any of the American "Light" (or "Lite") beers - they taste of nothing. And Budweiser gives me blinding headaches - even one!

Now, "proper" Budweiser Budvar from the Czech Republic is a different beer altogether - Nectar, you might say.

I'll take a guinness please. [thumbup]

Mmmmm - Guinness. Especially if you can find your way to Dublin, to the brewery at St. James' Gate, and head for the Gravity Bar on the 6th floor. That's a VERY special (if expensive) pint. [thumbup]

I can't be doing with any of the American "Light" (or "Lite") beers - they taste of nothing. And Budweiser gives me blinding headaches - even one!

Now, "proper" Budweiser Budvar from the Czech Republic is a different beer altogether - Nectar, you might say.

Mmmmm - Guinness. Especially if you can find your way to Dublin, to the brewery at St. James' Gate, and head for the Gravity Bar on the 6th floor. That's a VERY special (if expensive) pint. [thumbup]

Oh yeah.

One of this days I'll find my way to St. James' Gate. And I'm not stopping at a meager lil' pint.

Oh no.

I'm going to drink and drink till my heart's content.

Archived