Gibson Brands Forums

Crawling In an Attic....

duane v

I've had a rat in the roof for the past few weeks and can't get rid of it. Not a black rat. We get vine rats which are smaller, veggie and have Micky Mouse ears. The cats ignore it, I've set traps and I've sat outside with a .22 . Seems like I'll have to wait for it to die of old age unless anyone's got any ideas. :angry:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a rat in the roof for the past few weeks and can't get rid of it. Not a black rat. We get vine rats which are smaller, veggie and have Micky Mouse ears. The cats ignore it, I've set traps and I've sat outside with a .22 . Seems like I'll have to wait for it to die of old age unless anyone's got any ideas. :angry:

Two words: D Con.

[thumbup]

Got one of them this morning!!!!

It's missing the switch tips and one switch stem is taller than the other (more threads) [confused] , but I'm impressed that a 77 would have two ABR1 bridges [thumbup][thumbup]

Funny thing is it's a different type of white then my 80 LPC [confused] .... It's more like an olympic white

I'll take some more images later when I can find my camera

P2270017b.jpg

That's a beautiful instrument you got there Duane.

The thing I like about the 1275s is that you can play harmonics on the 12-string and the pickups from the six-string will pick them up. It's a great sound if you can master the technique.

thanks!!!

I've gotta contact my older brother. because this thing is worth way more than the $500 I gave him over a year ago... I'll probably give him an additional $1000 more

Utterly gorgeous. I don't believe in "envy" or "covetousness" <grin> but... you really came out of that well.

Personally I'd prefer the low frets but it's your money.

The only problem with those things is that they're heavy, IMHO. But wow.

m

Thanx Milod

she's a bit heavy, but is pretty easy to play especially once I removed the grime from the old strings [biggrin]. But I just can't get used to the low frets, so it 's gonna get new ones, (MT. Everest style frets) [biggrin]

I was looking at the newer EDS's, and the 12-string headstock is friggin looong compared to the 70's EDS [confused].... IMO the newer EDS 12-string headstock doesn't look right.

BTW, I need to give her a name [confused]

Thanx Milod

she's a bit heavy, but is pretty easy to play especially once I removed the grime from the old strings [biggrin]. But I just can't get used to the low frets, so it 's gonna get new ones, (MT. Everest style frets) [biggrin]

I was looking at the newer EDS's, and the 12-string headstock is friggin looong compared to the 70's EDS [confused].... IMO the newer EDS 12-string headstock doesn't look right.

BTW, I need to give her a name [confused]

I gotta name for ya! Lucky Bastard!!!! [crying][scared][razz]

holy crap! that was in the attic?!? beauty!

as for a name, given the temptress and muse she clearly is: Persephone

Don

That's a boys name [-X

Next week I'm gonna get my trumpet out of there as well... It's a 1979 Holton MF trumpet.... I'll bet the valves a frozen ](*,)'

Persephone - is the greek goddess of innocence and the QUEEN of the underworld so don't think that's a boy's name at least hope not :unsure:

I don't name guitars but if I did that's a good one.

the siren's song endless calls on her: the irresistible temptation. :D

Persephone - is the greek goddess of innocence and the QUEEN of the underworld so don't think that's a boy's name at least hope not :unsure:

I don't name guitars but if I did that's a good one.

I thought you meant Don, but that's you...LOL..oops

Archived