Gibson Brands Forums

Bash away, bash away, bash away all.

cookieman15061

I for one like your guitar.

I sold mine. It was a 1983 American Deluxe in Sienna Burst.

Sienna Burst is a great color.

I have a great strap you might be interested in.

It matches the guitar almost perfectly. It's what I used with mine.

Leather alligator-style in red and amber.

I can post a photo if you're interested.

Sure C-man would love to see it.

And thanks to everyone. She's definitely a keeper.

Sienna Bursts really are so beautiful..... Looks like an ash body.....Many Gibby owners love Strats as well......Folks who record know that owning LPs and Strats and at least one Tele are a requirement......That is one beautiful Strat....................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ..........

Very Nice Strat, Cookie!

Can you tell me what the finish of the fingerboard is like? Is it 'raw' or coated with something? And if it's coated is it matt (satin?) or gloss?

P.

Pippy the neck has a gloss clear coat of some sort on the fretboard and the back of the neck is a satin finish. Very smooth moving up and down the neck,

siennastrat011.jpg

Strats are the only real men's guitar, just ask Jeff Beck :rolleyes:

Seriously though, its a beautiful finish. Nice guitar man, now post some sound clips or something [biggrin]

Soon Fred. I'm gonna be doing some recording in my sons studio this week while i'm on vaca,

Pippy the neck has a gloss clear coat of some sort on the fretboard and the back of the neck is a satin finish. Very smooth moving up and down the neck,

siennastrat011.jpg

Thanks for the info, Cookie.

It sounds (and looks) as if I, personally, would find it a lot more comfortable than the thick plastic-y finish Fender used in the '70s.

Perhaps it's time I went into town once more............lol!

Looking forward to any sound clips you manage to post!

P.

Congrats! I love the Sienna Burst. In my youth I swore that I would never get a Strat. I didn't like anything about them. But now I'm older and much wiser. Strats are the awesome!! I love mine and I wouldn't ever part with it. Great choice...

d*mn, that is one sexy guitar... beautiful sunburst finish and woodgrain [thumbup] how's she sound?

Yeah she is. The Ash body is beautiful.

Sound wise the maple fretboard is much brighter than my 98 standard with rosewood fretboard. The single coils on MIA strats are definitely superior to their Mexican cousins.

Apparently starting in 2008 they went to a much thinner undercoat to improve resonance. Could just be BS but definitely has a nice sustain unplugged as well as amped

Archived