Gibson Brands Forums

17 years ago today...

Silenced Fred

Brings me back to those glorious nineties.

Great band that delivered infectious pop hooks with a healthy sprinkling of piss, vinegar, and authority. I love the songs on Nevermind, but overwhelmingly like the production quality of In Utero.

Need to get the 180 gram vinyl remaster of In Utero and play it at 11.

Great band that delivered infectious pop hooks with a healthy sprinkling of piss, vinegar, and authority. I love the songs on Nevermind, but overwhelmingly like the production quality of In Utero.

Great stuff. I had to drive my sister and her friend to school, so I got to play Rape Me. Great song, and it offends!

Catchy little hooks and enough to drive away the teeny boppers out from the songs

I have the original clear vinyl "In Utero" album and a limited edition "Come as You Are" vinyl pictured disc.

Glad I picked them up when I did. I guess they're collectable.

I have the original clear vinyl "In Utero" album and a limited edition "Come as You Are" vinyl pictured disc.

Glad I picked them up when I did. I guess they're collectable.

You can't see it, but I am green with envy. Those are great finds!

Seventeen years ago today, Nirvana played their last ever show. And those with any musical taste breathed a sigh of relief......

This is what I'm hearing. from you:

Kurt Cobain wasn't so great, I'm better.

Or

Grunge was over rated, I could have done better

Or

Eddy van Halen was waaay better

Or

..... Fill in the blank

This is what I'm hearing. from you:

Kurt Cobain wasn't so great, I'm better.

Or

Grunge was over rated, I could have done better

Or

Eddy van Halen was waaay better

Or

..... Fill in the blank

I said what I said; not what you heard. Do you make a habit of putting words into other peoples' mouths? But you missed the implication about what a collective sigh of relief was heard when that untalented idiot killed himself.

This was always my fav Nirvana track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJSgAyseGg&feature=related

Nirvana was possibly the best live act ever featured on SNL. There first performance was epic.

I second that. Love that buzzsaw sound.

For me, my favorite track is probably Rape Me. It has a great sound, simple, etc.

The biggest thing that attracted me to Nirvana was the swells. The swells in volume, the swells in energy, etc. Everything just spoke out to me

Ok, I'm an older guy here on the forum and even I can recognized that Nirvana was a great group, innovative, trend setting and very good at what they did. How many rock bands do you know of that have had their tunes covered by Paul Anka? Now that's class...

Archived