Gibson Brands Forums

anyone interested in a new J-200?

purecountry

Just purchased a Brand New manufactured in January-2011 J-200 Standard Sunburst. I just opened the box it is awesome. Better half not happy at all with the credit card purchase! Not sure what to do?

Wow, this call for immediate action - I'll take it off your hands for £200 just to help you out.

Just purchased a Brand New manufactured in January-2011 J-200 Standard Sunburst. I just opened the box it is awesome. Better half not happy at all with the credit card purchase! Not sure what to do?

This is why I've saved up $ to buy a 'Bird...no credit card purchase!

I've wanted a J-200 for some time, was considering one when I bought the DIF...however, I'm concerned that I'll look like Little Jimmy Dickens playin' one, (I'm not all that tall).

One of my favorite features of the J-200 is the natural Maple back & sides. What pushed me to the DIF is that mine has the natural Maple back & sides.

This is why I've saved up $ to buy a 'Bird...no credit card purchase!

I've wanted a J-200 for some time, was considering one when I bought the DIF...however, I'm concerned that I'll look like Little Jimmy Dickens playin' one, (I'm not all that tall).

One of my favorite features of the J-200 is the natural Maple back & sides. What pushed me to the DIF is that mine has the natural Maple back & sides.

I don't know who Little Jimmy Dickens is/was but I'm 5'7" and with all this talk of J-200's I'm really GASSING for one. You may have brought me back down to earth. [blush] Thanks.

That is one of the reasons I went with a 339 instead of a 335.

I don't know who Little Jimmy Dickens is/was but I'm 5'7" and with all this talk of J-200's I'm really GASSING for one. You may have brought me back down to earth. [blush] Thanks.

That is one of the reasons I went with a 339 instead of a 335.

57...you got me by 2 inches, (why does that sound nasty?).

Google him and any pic you see will probably show him playin' a J200.

I play a couple of dreadnaughts, but that J200 is just so danged BIG.

Like you, I've gassed for one for 20 years...but..... gassing for a 'Bird since 1965!

57...you got me by 2 inches, (why does that sound nasty?).

Google him and any pic you see will probably show him playin' a J200.

I play a couple of dreadnaughts, but that J200 is just so danged BIG.

Like you, I've gassed for one for 20 years...but..... gassing for a 'Bird since 1965!

He certainly looks silly with that big old Jumbo.

If I could find a good one for $1500, I wouldn't CARE if I looked like Little Jimmy Dickens!!

little-jimmy-dickens-opry.jpg

I second that but I'd probably stay home and away from mirrors [lol]

He doesn't look too bad with that guitar really but maybe it's the flashy duds. I don't have any of those either.

I second that but I'd probably stay home and away from mirrors [lol]

He doesn't look too bad with that guitar really but maybe it's the flashy duds. I don't have any of those either.

I'm pretty sure those are called "Nudie Sutes".

Just make sure your better half doesn't have any credit cards that you are responsible for. Sometimes they like to even up, and you'll find yourself with mega credit card bill and womens stuff you can't return. Good luck with your J-200.

Archived