Gibson Brands Forums

New camera AND new guitar

hlarry14

I recently got a new camera (Olympus E-PL1) and a new guitar (Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster) – I'm really happy with both, so I thought I'd post a few pics.

bstrat1.jpg

bstrat2.jpg

bstrat3.jpg

bstrat4.jpg

I've had the Les Paul for several years, but I've had a hard time getting a decent picture of it with my older camera. It has very subtle grain, but the new camera captured it nicely.

lp1.jpg

I love ash body Strats too because of that extra little "pop" sound they give. I've never see a trans-blue one before and I must admit it's stunning! Does it have the noiseless cobalt pickups?

The Les Paul is very sweet too! Congrats on your fine purchases...

I love ash body Strats too because of that extra little "pop" sound they give. I've never see a trans-blue one before and I must admit it's stunning! Does it have the noiseless cobalt pickups?

The Les Paul is very sweet too! Congrats on your fine purchases...

Thanks! The pickups are 2 Modern Classic Single-Coil Pickups (Neck, Middle), 1 Hot Classic Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge), and the trans-blue finish is thin skin nitro.

How long did it take for the Strat from the custom shop?

I bought it from a dealer in Colorado that stocks "Dealer Select" guitars, where the dealer orders their custom configurations from the Fender Custom Shop. If you find one of these that is exactly what you want, it's probably less expensive than custom ordering directly from Fender and you can play it first and get it without waiting. This one was exactly what I wanted, so it worked out great.

Great guitars. How about an artist's conception of the camera?

Here's a stock pic of the camera:

camera.jpg

Archived