Gibson Brands Forums

Braces?

dem00n

Yep had em. Why have you had them for 6 years though?

Cause the place i go to is like a factory, i get a new dentist every 5 months there. None of them have any ****ing idea what they are doing. But the one i have now does, i just took x-rays 5 months ago and took one two days, more improvement in those 5 months than in those 5 years!

Nope never needed them straight teeth and only two cavities in my life. Although I did have to have wisdom teeth removed 15 years ago and then four crowns done last year for four broken teeth that I cracked badly 15 years ago and they finally started having issues and breaking up so they did "crowns" is what I think he called them when they use your tooth's root and stuff but cement a fake tooth on top?

Damn Dem00n I don't know anybody that's had braces that long.

Cause the place i go to is like a factory, i get a new dentist every 5 months there. None of them have any ****ing idea what they are doing. But the one i have now does, i just took x-rays 5 months ago and took one two days, more improvement in those 5 months than in those 5 years!

What do you do when it snags a hair?

I did for two painful years..my dentist then was such a hack, and didnt know how to tighten or cut the wires off at the back (so they dont mutilate the inside of your cheeks). Then he took them off too soon, didn't put any "after-braces" on the back of my teeth and they all went back to how they were, gaps and all...The only thing it somewhat fixed was my overbite. So yea..my exp. with them is not good..

Never had them, never will.

My teeth are f'd even though I take really good care of them: brush and floss ever day, dentist trips ever six months. I had a chin against back of guys head accident on the JV basketball team so my molars look like someone took a metal file to them.

I had them for 6 years also Demon. Sux!

Nope, never had them.

I'm 49 and I've never had a cavity.

My grandfather died at 89 years old and never had a cavity and still had all of his teeth when he died other than one that a horse extracted for him.

I wish I could say that!

...and I might need them again. I have TMJ Disorder, which causes constant clicking in my jaw. My jaw being out of alignment is causing me back pain, according to my physical therapist. Yeah, I thought that was crazy too until he did some pretty convincing tests to prove his point.

I have a "grind guard" now and will soon be getting a retainer to straighten my bite; if that doesn't work, back to the metal mouth I go.

As a 38-year-old single guy, could anything be less appealing? [unsure]

Archived