Gibson Brands Forums

A Sister Has Arrived

WahKeen

So I walked into GC yesterday mainly to try out guitars and wasn't necessarily thinking to pull the trigger there. This Gold Top was on my list of prospects (out of 6) and frankly I didn't think there would be anything I liked there in terms of finishes or price, since MF doesn't charge tax, but you're subject to what you get. I have heard good stories about MF, so I wasn't too concerned there.

Anyway, I tried a GLP Axcess and it wasn't for me. I then saw this one and tried it, and immediately fell in love with it. The top was very good, the sound was indescribable.... I'm serious.

So, I talked to "my guy", the salesman that I like to work with and started to negotiate. He then shoots to the manager's office, a la car salesman style, and comes back with frankly, an offer I simply could not refuse. I had images of "The Godfather", LOL. Seriously, I just uttered "Ok, let's do it...", in a sort of "Do I deserve this deal?" kind of muttering. I won't go into details, but let's just say an 8 year old would even say "wow!".

Ok, to the matter at hand. This baby is a Gibson Custom Shop 1960 Les Paul Reissue Gold Top. It has BurstBucker pickups made especially for this guitar, with coil-split, phase switch and killswitch electronics. It's not a "signature" pickup pair, but they're made to Jimmy Page's specifications (in candy pic). The tone is unbelievable. I recommend this guitar to anyone! Well, here is my new girl....

With the stickers etc...

000_0208.jpg

The candy

000_0219-1.jpg

Without the stickies

000_0212.jpg

The sisters shot

000_0217enhanced.jpg

Thanks for your time... I'm so happy, I can hardly contain myself, heh.

Damn Joaquin -

That's about as good as gets.

Geez, you blew me away with those specs.

When the heck did that come out? . . Special run ? . . Dealer order ?

Amazing.

That GT is loaded! . . Congrats. [thumbup]

Thanks guys

BK, it's available only through guitar center. I believe it came out late last year. I didn't realize it had those specs myself, until the

salesman told me about them. Here's the link of

one. I don't know if it's exactly the same one, but I believe it is. Maybe due to legalities they can't name jimmy page.

Beautiful guitar ya wacker. Enjoy.

Why thank you sir [smile]

very very nice gold top! congratulations [thumbup]

Thanks brother

I played a Traditional Gold Top the other day. Felt great, but it looked just to be yellow (must have been a bad finish) but damn, that's gorgeous

Yes, the 60s neck does feel great. Thanks.

Nice [thumbup]

Thank you sire [smile]

dude, you're making me cry over here. I want one soooooooo badly

Sorry, it might be the extra onions on my burger [biggrin]

Its looks amazing and I´m sure it sounds amazing as well. Enjoy it!!!!

However, I have a question......why didn´t you like the Axcess???? The reason I am asking is because I am looking into the Alex Lifeson´s Axcess and I don´t want to make a mistake.

Mayer, don't bed alarmed. I'm a 60s neck guy. The Axcess is a fine guitar, especially with the contoured heel for better top fret access. Its neck is rounded and chunkier and great for those who prefer nothing else. For me, it's not the right fit, that's all. Some don't like the 60s slimmer neck. Thanks [smile]

And bender, thanks. I havent tried that yet.... [rolleyes]

Thanks, I feel better now. If I was living in the US I would try one, but here no one carries Gibsons, so unfortunately I can´t try it first. But the Alex Lifeson´s Axcess has the 60´s neck, which I like better also.

Again, thanks!!!

How is that beautiful Goldtop doing??

Mayer, don't bed alarmed. I'm a 60s neck guy. The Axcess is a fine guitar, especially with the contoured heel for better top fret access. Its neck is rounded and chunkier and great for those who prefer nothing else. For me, it's not the right fit, that's all. Some don't like the 60s slimmer neck. Thanks [smile]

And bender, thanks. I havent tried that yet.... [rolleyes]

Archived