Gibson Brands Forums

big meeting - got it!

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest FarnsBarns

I'm having an interesting meeting tonight with some interesting people to try to win some business. I have a chance if I put my heart and soul into it.

Guest FarnsBarns

You may be thinking too big. I'm not in a glamorous business, I manage online presence and provide web marketing and web development services. It's the possible client who's exciting.

Guest FarnsBarns

So.....

Where are we? Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, hostile takeovers, a handshake and a contract?

Still on the drawing board? Are you a rich man yet?

Had a meeting last night and I think they are on the verge of signing on the dotted line so to speak. "They" asked me to email them today with the final details of my proposal, which I have done. I hope they get back to me today with a final decision.

We are talking about a great rock fusion band who were BIG in the 80's, had little happen in the 90's, then a small revival this century which is now really gathering pace.

It would be great for my company to be associated with this project and it could open doors to other projects, the conversation moved, momentarily, to the area of doing some work for the label too!

Hopefully I can update this today or over the weekend. I'm glad no one picked up on my clues really, it's not right to go public before the deal is done, even in a very specific members only forum! If a fan hit this thread they would get it in a second. That said, I am actually very confident that I will get the go ahead.

Had a meeting last night and I think they are on the verge of signing on the dotted line so to speak. "They" asked me to email them today with the final details of my proposal, which I have done. I hope they get back to me today with a final decision.

We are talking about a great rock fusion band who were BIG in the 80's, had little happen in the 90's, then a small revival this century which is now really gathering pace.

It would be great for my company to be associated with this project and it could open doors to other projects, the conversation moved, momentarily, to the area of doing some work for the label too!

Hopefully I can update this today or over the weekend. I'm glad no one picked up on my clues really, it's not right to go public before the deal is done, even in a very specific members only forum! If a fan hit this thread they would get it in a second. That said, I am actually very confident that I will get the go ahead.

Good Luck Man!!! Hope it goes your way!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FarnsBarns

Well, this has dragged on. I found out today that one of the pivotal people has been rather ill. There is a meeting planned tomorrow between the band in question and their management to make a final decision although I am advised the decision has all but been made in my favour!

The band are in the middle of a short UK tour at the moment, 14 gigs in 16 days so things are hectic. I hope I hear tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FarnsBarns

Hooray!

Got it.

80s Scottish folk/rock fusion band Big Country have asked me to develop their official website. Because the band have had no activity for a decade due to the tragic suicide of Stuart Adamson, the site is over 10 years old.

The band are back with a new singer, Mike Peters, of The Alarm. Things are going very well with 2 mini tours selling out this year and several venues having to be upgraded.

They are opening the isle of white festival this year and have the option of several others. There is also a US tour on the cards.

Not only am I proud to be working for them but it raises my profile within another industry. They are signed to Track Records (Hendrix' label) , for whom I am hoping to do more work.

Guest FarnsBarns

Awesome! I've heard some Big Country, and my dad is a fan. That's great to hear Farns.

Thanks, I'm glad you know of them, they really are very good and look set for big things in the near future. While they were very popular in the 80s (multi million record sales) they are one of those bands that just didn't go down in history.

Anyone in the UK festival scene will get an opportunity to see them this year with at least 2 of the major festivals booked.

How about an update? Do we have a new website to look at yet?

This might be big for them. I believe they are going to have the guy who fronted the Alarm fronting them? Is it just for the tour, or do you know if they have plans to further proceed with the group?

Archived