Gibson Brands Forums

Ok, lets be serious now

Silenced Fred

So you don't like rap/hip hop because its just computerized beats. Cool

You don't like rap/hip hop because it has no real instruments. Cool

You don't like rap/hip hop because "they aren't real musicians. Cool

Here's this

This is most definitely rap/hip hop. Don't say it isn't.

Now tell me why you don't like it still

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, he was singing, not rapping, making that hip hop. But anyway, still not a fan of the hip hop beats or lack of movement in the melody and rhythm.

Not saying I hat all rap and hip Hop, I have liked some in the past, but that was the exception to the rule.

Guest FarnsBarns

Didn't like it. I do like dome Rap/hip hop such as...

Run DMC

The Beastie Boys

Cyprus Hill

But to me this example is produced, not performed. There's no magic in it for me.

Well the intro guy sang but the other guy definitely rapped. To me, rap is the delivery of the lyrics, hip hop encompasses the music that goes with it. It all used to be called rap but the genre has evolved so much since back in the day...

I have a different definition than most people but hey...i've been listening to this stuff since the 80's...doesn't mean i know best though....everyone has their own definitions and even rappers can't agree.

Well the intro guy sang but the other guy definitely rapped. To me, rap is the delivery of the lyrics, hip hop encompasses the music that goes with it. It all used to be called rap but the genre has evolved so much since back in the day...

I have a different definition than most people but hey...i've been listening to this stuff since the 80's...doesn't mean i know best though....everyone has their own definitions and even rappers can't agree.

my definition of rap and hip hop are different.

the crap like black eyed peas in hip hop. i consider this to be more into the rap territory.

regardless, carry on

I would actually class this into R&B with a HH twist.

It's not bad, but there's no musicality to it. I mean, really, 3 1/2 minutes of simple progression with no bridge or chorus and two different dudes yapping in different styles. Why don't we call it Prog Rap.

Wow that was better than Purple Haze, Stairway to Heaven, Eruption, and Sweet Child of mine all rolled up and combined into one!!

Ok just kidding - sort of boring actually. Of those songs I listed above which one doesn't have a guitar solo? Right, none of them. Songs without a guitar solo make me sad... like a wet puppy on a cold and windy day.

Who has the time to -1 me every day? You guys are awesome.

Internet stalkers? I'm that important [thumbdn]

This whole thread was kind of tongue in cheek. I dig the music though. Pop it in as I cruise around.

You don't have to like it, I really don't care

Archived