Gibson Brands Forums

looking for a reverb pedal

duane v

omg try the BOSS Fender '63 reverb pedal.

Lush reverb that solves the issue of plunking down $700 bucks for a Fender reverb unit.

Try it out. I'm almost certain you will like it.

If not, the EHX Holy Grail, EHX Holy Grail+, EHX Holier Grail, EHX Holy Stain or EHX Cathedral reverb pedals are bomb-diggity. I'd yet to find a better reverb, until i found the BOSS fender '63 reverb that sound so organic and true to the original. Aside from the BOSS, the EHX pedals dominate my opinion of reverb.

I don't have any specific suggestings...I use plate reverb for guitar...

If you haven't chosen a bass amp yet, there are some great ' TECH 21 ' units.....

Although I haven't used one, those VanAmps look great; Since you are

going all boutique and all, this may be a good choice for you Duane......

I'm surpised no one has mentioned the Strymon Blue Sky. Its gettin alot of buzz. I use the EQD Ghost Echo and does its job very well.

The BlueSky was my second thought right after the WET. I just didn't really think it's what Duane is looking for. But yeah I want one. My El Capistan is the best I really love it. It's one of those pieces of gear that's really inspiring because it's so good. Strymon is awesome.

http://www.neunabertechnology.com/wet-reverb

This is apparently the best reverb pedal ever. I haven't tried it, but everyone says it's the best.

If you want a Boss, check out the rv-3.

I wouldn't recommend the Holy Grail or any versions of it or the EHX Cathedral.

I have the WET and can verify that it is EXTREMELY lush and well.. just great [thumbup]

I dont even use my own fender deluxe reverb...I use my pedal as the last in my fx chain and to my ears sound better then my Fender Spring Reverb.

Joe Satriani lives by one as well

For absolutely realistic spring reverb sound and even echo from a digital pedal is the Electro Harmonix Cathedral.These are not only great and bullet proof pedals but compared to others with not near as many types of reverb this pedal is a give away.

You're the second person to suggest this pedal....

And i'll gladly be the third.

I absolutely LOVE this Pedal, and as it has been said, It beats shelling out for the big tank, and sounds really good.

that and it is much smaller and easier to carry, also check out the T.C. hall of fame.

the T.c. is a little more technically advanced in that you can upload different profiles to one bank in the pedal via USB.

Archived