Gibson Brands Forums

update on surgery

swleary

Glad to hear everything went well. I actually saw a doctor today about my shoulders. They are pretty much frozen too. He couldn't find anything major, so I started PT today. If it doesn't get better in a few weeks then I get cortisone shots.

I did the PT and I did the cortisone shots, nothing worked but that is not to say it won't work for you. One word of advice about cortisone. Let it soak in for a few days,you'll be in a lot of pain for a few days but the pain will subside and you'll feel better. Best to take it real easy for the first few days.

I did the PT and I did the cortisone shots, nothing worked but that is not to say it won't work for you. One word of advice about cortisone. Let it soak in for a few days,you'll be in a lot of pain for a few days but the pain will subside and you'll feel better. Best to take it real easy for the first few days.

Thanks, but I don't plan on getting to that point. I'm trying to stay positive about it. Hopefully PT will work. BTW, PT hurt like hell today...

I did ask the sports medicine doctor about a deep muscle message and he said "it couldn't hurt." I then asked the PT and he said the same thing! They weren't too hip on it, but I'll give it a try. I hear that a good one hurts like hell too.

everything went great. shoulder is frozen right now but have oxycottons for later.who knew peeing would be so hard lol........

Get well soon. Be careful with that Oxycontin. It's no joke. I've seen too many people get hooked on that stuff.

The singer/rhythm player in my band is having similar surgery in about a week. There goes our summer gigs. #-o

Glad to hear it went well be careful and take your time and be careful with the Oxy also until you know how it effects you. it's a good effective pill but it's also the most abused pill in the world for a reason it's strong. I had a father in law that is one of those that can barely take aspirin he had surgery took two oxy and tried to stand up and ended up falling down and doing some additional damage because the pills made him so woosy.

Sorry about your shoulder Rocketman hope PT does work but your right it's the modern version of torture sometimes.

Must be medical day for all us aging musicians I spent a few hours in PT today also doing gate or gait (sp) (walking) testing because I got a shiny new leg today. Well not that shiny it's mosty carbon fiber but it's new and I don't squeak anymore.

So I guess I had a NLD not many people can say that hopefully :unsure:

Had mine done the end of December. The last 3 or 4 weeks the pain has subsided quite a bit and the range of motion has been increasing about 10 degrees every couple of weeks. Don't try to rush the healing process, you don't want to run the risk of permanent damage. All the best.

Hey Retro...

I can't claim to squeak from a store-bought leg, but sometimes singing brings some whistles from the storebought teeth. <chortle>

As probably the oldest "regular" on here, I've gotta give thanks every day that I've been awfully lucky with the old bod. Because of so many work hours behind a desk, my aerobic conditioning is horrible, but I do enough to keep relatively flexible. Unfortunately a cupla years ago I hadda learn the hard way I don't bounce was well as I did when I was a kid of 50 or so, but... <grin> ain't hadda get a storebought to replace the busted up leg anyway.

Seriously, I hope the really young guys are "listening" to this conversation because perhaps they'll take better care of their bods than many of us have over the years. And maybe they'll also realize that sometimes stuff happens and you've gotta do the best you can with the hand that's dealt to you.

m

Archived