Gibson Brands Forums

You know you're in Chicago

Silenced Fred

Well, my parents had sex and started a business, but I don't think that's why you live here lol

I'm 51 years old and I can't even say that.

No snow here in down-state Chicargo. (60 miles west). But I did see a couple cars with evidence of snow on the rear hatch and bumper at the gas and choke shop down on the Interstate when I gassed up this a.m.

I asked the gal behind the cash register if she could go in the back and hide all the number 4's. She said, unfortunately, that wasn't going to be possible.

[bored]

You ladies need to man up. This type of weather builds character. I happen to like a little weather insanity. It's part of living my whole life on the Great Lakes. Try that in the sun scorched Southwest.

You know you're in Chicago . . . . . . . . when you see lawn chairs holding newly shoveled parking spots. . . [flapper]

There was a huge controversy about that in the area of Boston and Cambridge, I was baffled.

There was a huge controversy about that in the area of Boston and Cambridge, I was baffled.

Lawn chairs, trash cans, highway cones to mark parking spots. Really REALLY big in Philadelpia this past season.

rct

I ordered a pedal today, but I gotta wait on the Bigsby. So be borderline happy like me

Congrats on the new pedal. Ordered a new Sonic Youth t-shirt to replace my disintegrating Washing Machine one. Waiting sucks, eh?

Dreaming of going home and tinkering with my new Fuzz Face. Sooooo not what I should be doing since I am at work. Going to stop at Radiohack on the way home and get some new carbon batteries to try in her.

Also pining for my Taylor. Called the shop and they are waiting for a call back from Taylor on how to proceed.

So, yeah, it's Monday and the weather is last thing on my mind right now.

Since my folks lived in Cambridge, Mass., stuff must have happened. Dad parked usually across the street and up a ways from the "married student" apartment building. When I was there on school vacations it snowed plenty, but I don't recall any problems - or anything that got him to ask me to help shoveling. <grin>

But the nation's population in those days was half what it is now.

Oh - in those days it was only a cupla blocks to Harvard Square anyway. Besides, I hadda give up my cowboy country drivers license even back then 'cuz keeping it at age 16 in Cambridge would have doubled Dad's car insurance and - since I never was where I could have a car again until I was 19... Three years of teen Hades. <grin>

m

Archived