Gibson Brands Forums

Scantily Clad Women

Rocky4

Listen to the guitar solo. He opted not to use the slide and do the solo from the recorded song. I'm just a hack but the original solo seems simple until you try to play it. I just can't get it down. Maybe the guitarist felt he couldn't nail it live also? For those of you who play or have played in bands, what route would you take? Could you play the original solo, or would you make up something else of your own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkAu3ijigeA

Well, here you go, Coop!

Monica Bellucci

Monica_Bellucci_Face.jpg

Keeley Hazell

keeley_hazell_britain.jpg

As to that "solo!" There's software, that allows you to slow down, without losing pitch, to

learn those solo's, note for note...if that's your interest. Or, you can do it, the old fashioned

way, of playing it over and over, and picking out segments, and piecing it together, as you go.

I wore out a LOT of records, doing that, back in the "Good Old Days!" LOL

CB

The vid was shut down..........Thank goodness the girls weren't.......

As per the solo; It's a simple solo to do in regular tuning....

With practice, it should take 1/2 second to slip a slide on.....

I just did it.....to the song; to verify the above........

Well, here you go, Coop!

As to that "solo!" There's software, that allows you to slow down, without losing pitch, to

learn those solo's, note for note...if that's your interest. Or, you can do it, the old fashioned

way, of playing it over and over, and picking out segments, and piecing it together, as you go.

I wore out a LOT of records, doing that, back in the "Good Old Days!" LOL

CB

I know how to play it, I just can't get it down. Why do you think the guitarist chose not to play slide?

I know how to play it, I just can't get it down. Why do you think the guitarist chose not to play slide?

I can't answer that. Only he would know. You say you know "How" to play it, but can't seem to

get it "down." What (exactly) are you having trouble with? Timing, "tone," or what? Seems like

a simple enough solo, to do...slide or otherwise. You probably just need to keep at it, a bit more?

He's playing through a Leslie cabinet, for at least part of the song. That creates it's own unique

tone/sound...played finger style or slide. Don't know what else, to tell you, really...

Sorry... ;>b

CB

I've done this song with several bands. I have always played the solo with no slide. It's easy enough to emulate a slide by bending and sliding my fingers.

I also like to play the solo from "Buddy Holly" by Weezer over the chords. It, fit's perfectly, you just have to adjust the timing a little.

Listen to the guitar solo. He opted not to use the slide and do the solo from the recorded song. I'm just a hack but the original solo seems simple until you try to play it. I just can't get it down. Maybe the guitarist felt he couldn't nail it live also? For those of you who play or have played in bands, what route would you take? Could you play the original solo, or would you make up something else of your own?

A part of me feels that it's rock n roll and you play what ya feel like playing.

It's not a difficult solo but I have heard conflicting reports that It was actually George Harrison instead of Joey Molland that played that on record.

I Loved, George Harrison's Slide playing! So melodic, and

different, than the usual "blues" type. I don't think he

"over-did" it, at all. But, that's just me.

CB

Couldn't agree more CB.

His influence was such that a whole stable of new young artist were adding slide solos to their songs in the early 70s.

Badfinger, America and even Linda Ronstadt had hit singles with Harrison type slide solos. Just to name a few.

Couldn't agree more CB.

His influence was such that a whole stable of new young artist were adding slide solos to their songs in the early 70s.

Badfinger, America and even Linda Ronstadt had hit singles with Harrison type slide solos. Just to name a few.

To me...George was kind of the "unsung hero" of The Beatles! Very innovative,

when it came to chord structures (his "naughty chords" Augmented, Diminished, etc.)

and using unusual instrumentation (Sitar, for one), or "slide" in other than the

traditional "blues" way. "Too much?" Never!! His whole thing, was to be "right"

for the song, both in style, and taste!

CB

Yes good points

Not to detract in any way from George's iconic status and influence on many budding guitarists

I am a huge fan of George and love the melody and taste in his well constructed lead breaks and fills

IMO George and Eric Clapton wrote the book on blues and rock/pop

And both excellent slide players....

V

:-({|=

Archived