Gibson Brands Forums

It's Home AND fully Modded

Sinner 13

WP_000010.jpg

Found this today at the local shop.

wish i could have brought it home straight away, But I got to buy grocery's this week too.

it's a stock '08, got it with a new semi-hardcase for $300.

So it's on layaway for now and hope fully I'll be bringing it home in a couple of weeks.

Plays great, and of course I WILL be doing some mod work, pot's, caps, Ect.

still up in the air about the p-up's.

if I do go that far it will get a SD Phat Cat 90 in the neck and a 57 classic in the bridge.

The new ones go for like $350, you couldnt of bargain for 250?

Anyways, its a hell of a guitar. Grats man!

Its Mint

Barely played, no nicks, dings, or any real fret wear and I got it with a brand new case.

I might have payed a little more but I would so rather support my little local shop,

then have to endure GC in Boston on a sat afternoon.

Its Mint

Barely played, no nicks, dings, or any real fret wear and I got it with a brand new case.

I might have payed a little more but I would so rather support my little local shop,

then have to endure GC in Boston on a sat afternoon.

Thats a good reason, i agree.

• 3 weeks later...

So I Brought it home Saturday, and of course first thing first, I proceeded to rip all the cheap Chinese guts out.

then filled it with a Duncan Phat Cat in the neck R.I. PAF in the bridge 500k pots with Orange drops.

got rid of the "reflector" knobs, and opted for two sets of flat top Tele Knob of slightly different diameter, to delineate the vol and tone.

and sice the rule is "No pics, didn't happen"

here ya go.

Sorry About the crappy phone pics coudn't find my good camera.WP_000039.jpgWP_000038.jpg

yeah, I am finding that certain Epi's ( ie: "Custom Shop" Ltd's)

are really well made, and very playable, the just have really bad components, and for the price, including parts for mod's, it's worth the time and effort.

I've had the pickup's in limbo for a bit now(new the were $179 for the R.I. PAF, and $79 for the SD phat cat), and pot's and caps were a grand total of $39.

$20 for knobs, and a new set of strings and you got yourself a screamin' piece.

msp_thumbup.gif

I basically knew that I was just wondering what brand it is. $179 sounds pretty boutique-like I was just curious what it is.

It's a Gibson 57 classic, bought it in 05' it's been in my Hamer Echotone gathering dust the last 4 or 5 years.

Even has a Patent applied for sticker on it.

Wilshires are a great guitar

Wilshire-White-Finish-Shot.jpg

Needs the bat wing headstock. It just doesn't look quite right with the standard Epi one. I'm not crazy about that knob set up either, at least on this guitar.

Great find and HNGD!

Haha Custom Shop Epiphonemsp_lol.gif

The custom shop Wilshires are sweet as ****.. I'm pretty sure they were made in Gibson's custom shop here in the USA. It's basically like a Gibson historic reissue from my understanding.

Sinner those pickups are $179 each?! Dude you are NOT allowed to give me any more grief about paying $150 for my Super Hard On.

My EVH "Frankenstien" HB pickup was 150$...and oh so worth it....I swore it was gonna be a "gimmick" pup..but god dang did it make my Minarik sing and SCREAM....179$ is cheap compared to some other pups out there....I've seen some boutique pups go for 300-400$ a pup...

Haha Custom Shop Epiphonemsp_lol.gif

Yeah...hence the reason it's in quotes.....

The custom shop Wilshires are sweet as ****.. I'm pretty sure they were made in Gibson's custom shop here in the USA. It's basically like a Gibson historic reissue from my understanding.

Sinner those pickups are $179 each?! Dude you are NOT allowed to give me any more grief about paying $150 for my Super Hard On.

And, Dub the bridge pup was $179

The neck pup was $79

And sadly no, it's Chinese......msp_unsure.gif

Archived