Gibson Brands Forums

For real?

The name of my band is Drunken Indigenous, and this local promoter said he would not book us for any shows because our name is an "alcoholic reference"

Any good ideas? I'm pretty pissed lol

Fuzzy Fred and the Teabaggers

He does the booking for a bunch of local shows though, its gonna be hard. So I think I'm gonna need to change names

How about "Ground Fire" in honor of the Seal Team that got Bin Laden.

Oh my, I suppose he won't be booking you in any bars then?!

LOL

Wow that does strike me as odd too. Although I don't drink I wouldn't have a problem attending a show with a band by that name.

How about just "Indigenous?"

All right, well, let's rock this ... getting out my English degree for a sec, hm...

Indigenous Cannibals (oh wait is that more politically incorrect than alcohol?)

Smoking Monkeys

(oh wait - that is likely also a problem, whoops)

Reeling Indigenous

Secret Indigenous

Indigenous Freaks

Indigenous Hounds

(wow and I'm not even using the RockBand III band-naming app here, woot!)

FuzzBox

Genetic Code

Furious

Visibly Indigenous

OK well......... have at it......... best wishes with the re-naming, Fred.

And remember -- The New Yardbirds had to rename, and it wound up SO MUCH COOLER, right??

Right.

So...... worse things could happen.

Your drummer could suffer an accident of spontaneous combustion or something.

[tongue]

THAT would be bad.

[biggrin]

How about fuzzy slippers or peach fuzz or belly button fuzz or maybe master bates and the dummy slappers.

Around here we have Fuzzy Bunny Slippers, they are pretty popular too.

rct

The name of my band is Drunken Indigenous, and this local promoter said he would not book us for any shows because our name is an "alcoholic reference"

"Fire Water" (hummmm... he may relate that to alcohol too)

Seems to me when I was in 'Nam, my hootch girl said I was "dinky dou" when I was drunk, (I think the "proper" word "sin" with a "?" above the "i"). He's never figure that one out!

Oh my, I suppose he won't be booking you in any bars then?!

LOL

Wow that does strike me as odd too. Although I don't drink I wouldn't have a problem attending a show with a band by that name.

How about just "Indigenous?"

All right, well, let's rock this ... getting out my English degree for a sec, hm...

Indigenous Cannibals (oh wait is that more politically incorrect than alcohol?)

Smoking Monkeys

(oh wait - that is likely also a problem, whoops)

Reeling Indigenous

Secret Indigenous

Indigenous Freaks

Indigenous Hounds

(wow and I'm not even using the RockBand III band-naming app here, woot!)

FuzzBox

Genetic Code

Furious

Visibly Indigenous

OK well......... have at it......... best wishes with the re-naming, Fred.

And remember -- The New Yardbirds had to rename, and it wound up SO MUCH COOLER, right??

Right.

So...... worse things could happen.

Your drummer could suffer an accident of spontaneous combustion or something.

[tongue]

THAT would be bad.

[biggrin]

Those are actually some good ideas.

Regarding Indigenous, it is common and handy to use part of a name when it is handy, and even add to it depending on the gig.

more ideas: Fuzzbox Razors.. Or Indigenous Weeds.

Nothing worse than a promoter or booking agent on a power trip. The thing is, you can't tell him to F off because he'll then do his best to black ball you at every turn. Happened to my college band when the local radio station falsely accused us of stealing microphones at a gig we played for them. Sorry your intern forgot to pickup *all* of the gear at the end of the night and some jerk walked off with a box of mics and cables. Not my problem, but it became my problem when they refused to say our name on the air.

I recorded a symphonic noise-ambient (don't ask) project with a friend of mine, and we used "The C*cksucking Mother****ers" as our name...we won't be getting any gigs any time soon, but we're not a touring act anyway.

Hm...band names? Let me pull out my handy-dandy list o' band names for you:

-Broski

-New Socks

-The Obscenities

-The Unclean

-Gonk

-Subterranean Justice

-Tainted Maintenance

-Queso Fresco

-Burning Spiders

-Don't Ask

-Ravenous Medicine (OK, admittedly that was for the Voivod tribute band I ended up never starting)

"Barring Abstinence", from the C. Everet Coop quote.

or how about "Linkin's Gun"?

I mean, those who detest alcohol typically love sex and violence, right???

I thought those that didnt like alcohol were a part of the Christian Heritage Party...

"Barring Abstinence", from the C. Everet Coop quote.

or how about "Linkin's Gun"?

I mean, those who detest alcohol typically love sex and violence, right???

I prefer sex and violence when I'm drunk.

Fuzzfred Fred's Fuzz Band! The Fuzzy Freds! Friends of the Fuzz ( thats actually a rip off of MY band's name: Friends of the Family ), Swollen Pickle! Big Muff! Russian Big Muff! Big Muff Pi! Chicken Salad! Fuzz Factory, Zvex! EHX! The Sunns! The Way Huge Band! Green Rhino! Pork Loin! Fat Sandwich! The CryBabys! Mr. Fuzz and the Wah Wahs! Fred and the Flintstones! Electric Mistress ( after the classic EHX flanger as used by J Mascis, Gilmour, and Andy Summers, among others ), The Small Stones ( after the EHX phaser ), Small Clones ( the EHX analog chorus aka the " Cobain" pedal ), POG ( the EHX polyphonic octave generator ), Catheral ( which is actually a reverb pedal by EHX ), Main Squeeze ( a Digitech compressor ), A/DA ( the pedal company w. the famous flanger used by Pat Travers, Steve Stevens of Billy Idol, and Paul Gilbert, who based the Ibanez Airplane Flanger off of this ), Fuzzblind, Superfuzz ( a fuzz unit made by Univox in the 70s as used by Pete Townshend and Mudhoney--hence their debut " Superfuzz BigMuff " ), Centar ( the overdrive pedal ), OCD ( the Fulltone od pedal ), and my new favorite, Freddy and the Tube Screamers [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Seriously, that guy should realize that he has no power over things like that. Sounds like a big Don Juan to me. My band name comes from the mob ( the family ). Nobody critcs us. Theres also a local band here called " The Glorious Bastards ". I like it!!!!!

You should just do what you want and keep your name. I think its a cool name!

Archived