Gibson Brands Forums

NVD!

S t e v e

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to be a stick in the mud but I think your time and money would be better spent on guitars and gear... Not to mention your out of control son might benefit from it as well. Have a look at the video in the Gil Scott Heron is dead post. Powerful stuff there. Steve please don't take this the wrong way, it's just that you are a good guitar player and could go places you never dreamed of if you spend less time in the bottle and more with your guitar... Just sayin'....

ok even I'm going to give you crap now lol....

Alcohol is not good for you one bit. It makes your liver produce an enzyme that counter acts your pancrease to compensate for the sugar levels. The alcohol raises your blood sugar then drops it below what it was before the consumption. The pancrease sends out more insulin to the body to compensate for the sugar in the alcohol.

In theory, the more insulin produced by the body, the more fat from foods gets stored. Very important to control insulin levels as over time type 2 diabetes can develop. A good rule of thumb is, no more than two drinks and try to exercise. I learned this in diabetes education and have been type 1 diabetic for 33 years. Scooter knows what he's talking about lol

I'd hate to see you have problems Steve but it's your call really. I can only give my two cents but it's up to you to listen. I bet you thought I would've been nice in this thread, I was but I made a good point [flapper]

Dave said it right. You do have a talent, don't waste it on the bottle like so many have.

I recently ran in to a guitar player that I used to play with some 25 years ago. He was a great player and still plays to this day. He still battles addiction and now is on crack cocaine, been in and out of rehab for 30 years. He would have been so much more but he through it all away because he did not want to deal with his mental issues and addictive side.

Another player I played with used to be addicted to cocaine. He got the necessary help because he knew the problem needed to be dealt with. He kicked the habit, got help and now is a studio musician. He lives in Nashville and in Canada. He has played on some pretty big bands albums. Three Doors Down comes to mind.......

Ok I'll stop now...Sorry if I care [flapper]

Guest FarnsBarns

Wow Steve, you're getting both barrels today. How does your first online intervention, by people you don't really know, feel?

Alcohol is not good for you one bit. It makes your liver produce an enzyme that counter acts your pancrease to compensate for the sugar levels. The alcohol raises your blood sugar then drops it below what it was before the consumption. The pancrease sends out more insulin to the body to compensate for the sugar in the alcohol.

In theory, the more insulin produced by the body, the more fat from foods gets stored. Very important to control insulin levels as over time type 2 diabetes can develop.

And the Hydrogen produced by the breakdown of alcohol, is accepted by a Hydrogen acceptor known as NAD. The liver prefers to used Reduced NAD as a source of energy, so the fat that it would normally use is stored creating fat droplets in the liver. And if it continues you can develop cirrhosis.

And I don't know your habits well enough to say that you're a long term drinker, but on the assumption that you are, alcohol will also mess up your nervous system.

In theory, the more insulin produced by the body, the more fat from foods gets stored. Very important to control insulin levels as over time type 2 diabetes can develop. A good rule of thumb is, no more than two drinks and try to exercise. I learned this in diabetes education and have been type 1 diabetic for 33 years. Scooter knows what he's talking about lol

I'd hate to see you have problems Steve but it's your call really. I can only give my two cents but it's up to you to listen. I bet you thought I would've been nice in this thread, I was but I made a good point [flapper]

StevoButtercup won't believe you.......He want PROOF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in a shot glass)..

I hate to be a stick in the mud but I think your time and money would be better spent on guitars and gear... Not to mention your out of control son might benefit from it as well. Have a look at the video in the Gil Scott Heron is dead post. Powerful stuff there. Steve please don't take this the wrong way, it's just that you are a good guitar player and could go places you never dreamed of if you spend less time in the bottle and more with your guitar... Just sayin'....

dave, no more guitars or gear yet for me as i feel i have enough already.

i only have a few vodkas on a fri-sat night to unwind from a very busy working week.

my son isn't out of control maybe i worded the thread wrong.

peace B)

Wow Steve, you're getting both barrels today. How does your first online intervention, by people you don't really know, feel?

it's all good, if i couldn't handle peoples opinions then i wouldn't post the thread [biggrin]

Man's greatest treasure isn't money or fame but wisdom and the confidence to believe in yourself and to encourage others to think and feel the same...oh and a bottle of smirnoff.

dave, no more guitars or gear yet for me as i feel i have enough already.

i only have a few vodkas on a fri-sat night to unwind from a very busy working week.

my son isn't out of control maybe i worded the thread wrong.

peace B)

Well that's good to hear then..only a few won't kill you....

Alright now boys, live and let live. MYOB. There's a ton more disgusting fat slobs around here than tipplers, besides. (Pardon the pun.)

Back ot, I must say I have always preferred brown liquor. My palate is not sufficiently refined to appreciate the finer subtleties of the vodkas various. Smirnoff is the vodka 007 has always chugged, no? Are you going on a "Black" op then? Cheers. It's a holiday weekend here in the USA.

The road to recovery is a long one. The first step in the right direction is a Big Muff. Once you're ready you can move on to a Tone Bender and so on until you have reached fuzz glory. I believe in you Steve.

i like fuzz, just yanking you and nat's chain B)

group hug [biggrin]

Archived