Gibson Brands Forums

Strymon Timeline

Dub-T-123

Man.. This thing isn't just a maybe for me. I WILL have one.

Just the dTape, reverse, and looping are totally worth the price for me. The fact that you can store 200 presets is so awesome..

I wasn't really that excited about the Timeline because the El Capistan is so good I figured I was covered. But after watching all these demos.. I know I have to have one of these.

I've read that it's going to be $449. Their regular pedals like the El Capistan are $300 so when you consider all the features and everything this is relatively a pretty sweet price.

The El Cap is totally worth it IMO and I'm sure this won't be an exception.

I've read that it's going to be $449. Their regular pedals like the El Capistan are $300 so when you consider all the features and everything this is relatively a pretty sweet price.

The El Cap is totally worth it IMO and I'm sure this won't be an exception.

449$ sounds real cheap...I was expecting it to be over a grand....Either way, I'm satisfied with my El Capistan, and won't be buying any delay machines for a long while..

Glad to hear you're liking it Chase! Have you messed around with the sound on sound mode much yet? That's my favorite.

I'm planning on holding on to my El Cap even after I get the Timeline.

After reading more about the Timeline, I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm a big looping fan and the looping features on this look amazing. It seems like they pretty much did everything I want and then some with this pedal.

What did you like best about it in the videos dem00n?

Don't worry, it won't be a limited run. They do make them in batches (that sell out pretty quick) though so when you're ready you'll have to watch for them to come back in stock and pounce. Otherwise you can wait for them to come up used at TGP. I'll probably buy used.

What did you like best about it in the videos dem00n?

Don't worry, it won't be a limited run. They do make them in batches (that sell out pretty quick) though so when you're ready you'll have to watch for them to come back in stock and pounce. Otherwise you can wait for them to come up used at TGP. I'll probably buy used.

Not really sure what i like the most. I like the Dbucket and well everything. [flapper]

Glad to hear you're liking it Chase! Have you messed around with the sound on sound mode much yet? That's my favorite.

I'm planning on holding on to my El Cap even after I get the Timeline.

After reading more about the Timeline, I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm a big looping fan and the looping features on this look amazing. It seems like they pretty much did everything I want and then some with this pedal.

I love all the echo options on the El Cap, but I bought it mainly for the looper, and am loving every bit of it... [thumbup]

I bought it for the echo and mainly use it for the looping now.

In case you haven't realized this yet, in the strymon sound on sound demo they say to turn the repeats all the way up for infinite repeats but this makes it get really loud pretty fast. If you set the repeats knob at 3 o'clock it will repeat infinately but stay at the same volume (more or less depending the tape age and tape bias). I set the bias for max headroom.

Also, if you want to make a loop glitch out change modes while the loop is running and then change back into the looping mode. Mess with the time knob while it's in a delay mode and then go back.. It makes some crazy noises. It also resets the tap switch so you can make a new splice in/splice out on a running loop.

Dubs tips. Yeeeeuhhhhh.

They are pretty pricey but I love the sound. There's something about the sound of my El Capistan that is like my favorite thing ever and I need mooooooore.

I kinda wish they put their Blue Sky Reverb in the TimeLine as well but I can't complain. I'm liking what I see. The bit crusher in the lofi mode seems like a ridiculously awesome addition to me. I've wanted a bit crusher for a while.

I saw this on facebook when they first made it, I was gonna post it, but I figured you had been up on these things man!

They are sexy as hell, and I hope some people dump their El Capistans to try and get money for these.... So cool though, I want at least 5 of em

Fred the El Cap dumping started a while ago. I still haven't seen any go for super cheap though. Haha I just want one.

Giantrobot yeah that sounds good I should hit them up on that. This is like the 5th strymon thread I've made haha.

• 1 month later...

Archived