Gibson Brands Forums

Atlas Stand is HERE!

Artie Owl

Good day, gentlemen.

I'm pleased to announce my confirmed order of an Atlas Stand for my Blues Jr after seeing some other members whom I respect get them and love them I decided that's all the proof I needed.

Don't know when it'll be finished and make it's way up to me, but I bet it'll be here before my damn Epi Nighthawk! HA!

Cheers, and thanks again to Josh, he takes his business seriously and has a definite passion for it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, post some pics when you get it.

Is it custom?

P.S. give up on the Epi, it is jinxed by now.

I understand Josh is going to put a personal touch on it yes, and as for the Epi; good things come to those who wait! [biggrin]

Thanks for the feedback though Stiffhand, I will post some sweet pics with me, my SG, my Blues Jr and my new stand as soon as I get it.

i just use a chair

That's cool too, but I'm a big fan of custom work and quality stuff that will last a long time, and I expect to have this stand as a functional stand and piece of furniture and as a unique talking point item for decades to come.

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Lots of these stand thread lately. So, here goes, I'll ask the stupid question. There is clearly an advantage to these stands but for the life of me I can't work it out. Someone help me!

Farns -

Two things for me -

The speaker/s is off the floor and angled up - better sound.

And the controls are usually closer to you - great for us older guys. B)

And congrats to you Artie -

Can't wait to see your review/pics.

A lot of sound frequencies can be muffled when an amp is sitting on carpet for instance, I have all my amps on a plank of wood in my room, also sound projection is important.

I also have a standard stand for my Super Champ and it works really well, keeps the amp at an ideal height, especially to tweak the front knobs. [thumbup]

Farns -

Two things for me -

The speaker/s is off the floor and angled up - better sound.

And the controls are usually closer to you - great for us older guys. B)

And congrats to you Artie -

Can't wait to see your review/pics.

Well now I feel silly. I have had a Marshall stack for so long I barely remember having amp controls 4 feet below my head.

Touché

Wasn't meant to be a touche (can't do an accent on my phone). I was being stupid and missed the obvious. I'm getting a FBJ soon so a stand will be a consideration.

Wasn't meant to be a touche (can't do an accent on my phone). I was being stupid and missed the obvious. I'm getting a FBJ soon so a stand will be a consideration.

I knew it wasn't and I knew you were missing the point, but

The notion of not needing a stand because you have a Marshall stack souded very Rock n' Roll to me.

Yeah it's going to be right at home with my gear, I'm trying to think of some places I can take some sweet pictures when I get it.

I might have to let my future wife take the pictures though, she's better at it. I'll just pose all cool like, with my hat.

Archived