Gibson Brands Forums

When metalheads play Led Zep

dem00n

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

When metalheads play led Zep....

(in these cases at least) they really sound bad and make it seem as if they have little talent or skill. Just my ears I'm sure but to me it blows goats.

I couldnt make it past about 30seconds of the first one, as mentioned already music was great sounding but the lyrics were not my cup of tea. The second one I actually like, its a good cover of a Zep song, they didnt try and play it exactly like Zep and just did there own thing, thats how I like hearing covers. I thought this was going to be different when I saw the title, I was expecting metalheads to be butchering Zep songs.

I thought by the title and the comments I was in for 2 really, really poor clips when in fact I quite enjoyed them and Zeppelin, along with The Doors are one of my favourite bands msp_thumbup.gif

Matt

Ahh...now that Matt said it I can come out and say it too.

I liked both of them. I'd still rather listen to Zeppelin do the songs maybe four times out of five, but I thought they were excellent homages to Led Zeppelin (also one of my favorite bands.) I had actually heard the Toxik one before. I like Toxik. I have all of their LPs.

...all two of them. :)

I agree, some major energy in that song. I do believe that when you do a cover its OK to add a small stamp of your influence on your version. These guys basically redid the tune and while I did enjoy the guitar work its almost a situation where it doesn't sound like the original.

That IS a very great way of putting it!!

An exacting answer that I would like to second....rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived