Gibson Brands Forums

americans, our rappers are better than yours!

S t e v e

I freaking hate rap music. Never heard a single rap song/rapper that I actually thought was good except for one guy. That guys name is nicepeter. He's famous on Youtube and he does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jP00YXL-xw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAaE7sJahiw

I promise you will not regret watching that. It's truly amazing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is everyone on this forum like, 80? There is some pretty solid hip hop out there.

Next topics for conversation:

-Why are all these kids skateboarding on the sidewalk?

-JC Penny's collection of tweed sport jackets is excellent.

-We need more money in medicare.

-If we leave now, we can still get the early bird special.

Is everyone on this forum like, 80? There is some pretty solid hip hop out there.

Next topics for conversation:

-Why are all these kids skateboarding on the sidewalk?

-JC Penny's collection of tweed sport jackets is excellent.

-We need more money in medicare.

-If we leave now, we can still get the early bird special.

Actually it's just the fact that were guitar players. Musicians. We appreciate good music. Hip hop and rap are neither good nor are they music. Just the stupidity infested spawn of the modern day music industry.

Actually it's just the fact that were guitar players. Musicians. We appreciate good music. Hip hop and rap are neither good nor are they music. Just the stupidity infested spawn of the modern day music industry.

[thumbup]

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Yep.

Yeah Chan me too. I love good rap (yes it exists!)...but it ain't all good.

The people that don't like it are either narrow minded, listening to the wrong stuff, stuck in their classic rock ruts or have actually tried listening to a bunch and legitimately don't like it. That's cool...

For those who say it takes no talent to be a rapper, i HIGHLY disagree. You may be able to write lyrics on paper, but delivering them in an interesting and GOOD way is MUCH MUCH harder than you might think....yo.

No. its the fact that guitar players are narrow minded people who won't open up their minds to anything new and still insist that the best music ever created was from 1972. When you shut out so much time, of course you aren't going to like it. You can't compare a Zeppelin song to some rap, thats stupid. Accept it for what it is, and you might enjoy some of it

They are good and they are music. I didn't know you were awarded the music judge job. Let's see, what makes up music? Hell, the early blues stuff, even Son House, was him clapping and singing... Hmmm... a beat and lyrics, no guitar. What? He's crap because he doesn't play guitar

BULLSHIT

Nickelback, and 5000 other bands are the stupid infested spawn of the music industry. I would rather listen to almost any rap or hip hop song than Nickelback.

Don't be ignant, you are too young to get sucked into this "I'm an old man and anything I don't like sucks" bullshit

No. its the fact that guitar players are narrow minded people who won't open up their minds to anything new and still insist that the best music ever created was from 1972. When you shut out so much time, of course you aren't going to like it. You can't compare a Zeppelin song to some rap, thats stupid. Accept it for what it is, and you might enjoy some of it

They are good and they are music. I didn't know you were awarded the music judge job. Let's see, what makes up music? Hell, the early blues stuff, even Son House, was him clapping and singing... Hmmm... a beat and lyrics, no guitar. What? He's crap because he doesn't play guitar

BULLSHIT

Nickelback, and 5000 other bands are the stupid infested spawn of the music industry. I would rather listen to almost any rap or hip hop song than Nickelback.

Don't be ignant, you are too young to get sucked into this "I'm an old man and anything I don't like sucks" bullshit

Narrow minded? I've listened to rap. I've listen to hip hop. I've heard it all man. And yet I've never heard anything from either of those genres that I would classify as real, talented, music. There's a reason we guitar players insist that the best music was made in the 60's and 70's. It's a little something called talent. Something that most modern day music is severely lacking. So don't give me your "narrow minded" bullshit. I've heard a little of everything. All the modern day $hit that the record companies are trying to pass as music. Your example isn't very good either. You said "him clapping and singing." Singing is a keyword there. A beat and a singer is music. A beat with someone talking really fast? That's called a speech. Not a song. dry.gif

Narrow minded? I've listened to rap. I've listen to hip hop. I've heard it all man. And yet I've never heard anything from either of those genres that I would classify as real, talented, music. There's a reason we guitar players insist that the best music was made in the 60's and 70's. It's a little something called talent. Something that most modern day music is severely lacking. So don't give me your "narrow minded" bullshit. I've heard a little of everything. All the modern day $hit that the record companies are trying to pass as music. Your example isn't very good either. You said "him clapping and singing." Singing is a keyword there. A beat and a singer is music. A beat with someone talking really fast? That's called a speech. Not a song. dry.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDW6vkuqGLg

Some of you guys remind me of my 65 year old dad who thinks anyone who needs electricity to play music is a talentless hack. :-({|=

I can think of a very long list of good rap song. But then I'm not a "guitar player". I'm a bass player and singer.Some times I play guitar but I'm not a guitar player. As such, I have a deep interest in beat and groove and lyrical composition. Ninety % of the rap music that's out there is just like ninety % of all other forms of music out there. It's average and boring. But that last 10% is as good as anything Dylan ever wrote. But like with any other music form you have to go looking for the good 10%, it won't come to you. Lazy music fans often think music sucks.

You don't like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERTT_sv8sV0

kool-aid-man.jpg

:rolleyes:

If you don't think there is no talent in modern music, you are seriously actively trying to shun away everything. If you want talent, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert are amazing guitarists. Just ooze talent. I have heard some awful, just plain awful, music from the 60s and 70s, your so called golden age of music. If you listen to the crap on the radio, you are going to hate it. Why? because its crap on the radio.

Hip Hop involves singing man, some rap incorporates singing as well. So in your speech class you took in high school, before each topic you had someone drop you a beat? That's not a speech, that's music.

You seem to have made up your mind that "everything not produced in 1960-1979 is pure crap and I will take no part in it" but that's stupid. There is so much out there to enjoy and to shield yourself from it is not going to do anything but harm yourself musically.

Narrow minded,,shallow,old, Hmmm. Maybe I am all of the above.Some of this C -Rap I will say as far as writing and producing the beats and S*it are pretty good.My son writes and produces all of his own stuff,and not because he's my son i will admit some of it is pretty good. But to me the big difference is writing songs,lyrics,words makes you a writer.Putting beats together,tracks,backing music makes one somewhat of what the rap world refers to as a producer??? A musician to me is someone capable of many different things,maybe a guitarist,a drummer,bass player,piano,vocalist,etc.Capable of using there instrument to make music.I'm old school or just old to some at 44,but using machines for the backing music and talking words with maybe someone singing in the back is not a musician.That's just my opinion,opinions vary.Doesn't mean i'm right to you and that's ok by me.If you like it,,good for you,if I don't,maybe just say that's your business.It's all about personal preference,do your thing,I'll do mine.Not really a need to start name calling over opinons.

Let's all hug before I break something.

Break stuff!!! Hehehe,,I have to admit I do like this.Some years ago I played with some guys that did alot of godsmack,creed,sevendust,and we did this song.It's fun to play,gets you feeling pumped.Our drummer at the time was damn good.He use to play with I think it was Mitch Ryder? (devil with a blue dress) He had one of the albums that had the bands pic. on the back with him on it with his name.So yes,this guy was in in his late fifties,black, playing godsmack,creed,korn,sevendust,limp meat*&^ uh limp bizkit in clubs,parties.Coolest guy i've ever been around,real good friend today. So we're at rehearsal one day playing this song,he has a strange look on his face the whole time.Finally he holds up his hands midway in the song,we stop to see what's wrong.He has this really concerned,confused looked on his face.Finally he says "I like all music,i like to play all kinds of music,I have white friends,black,asian,etc.,but i'm trying to figure out how to explain the part in this song to my black brothers where it says Ni**er with a fat lip"(leaving with a fat lip)...It took us a while to stop laughing and tell him what it says.Alot of fun.

Archived