Gibson Brands Forums

"Build Your Own Guitar"

guitarmanjt

Gibson Les Paul

Sunburst Finish

I don't know much about pickups, but probably Burstbucker 2 and 3, black exposed coils

Bigsby Tailpiece

A bridge that won't cut through the strings [glare]

Green Tulip Tuners

Trapezoid Inlays

Coil Taps on both pickups (If I knew how phase inverting and series/parallel wiring of coils and pickups, I might include them)

1960 imprinted in the pickguard like the Les Paul Classic

Chrome Hardware

Hmmmm.... a 335 or 175 Robotted, with a piezo bridge with individual pickups to run through something like the Firebird X stuff, most of the controls hidden with wheels under the pick guard or on an extended pick guard or even hidden on the side of the guitar facing the player as on an AE except with robot you shouldn't need a tuner. A master volume where your pinkie could mess with it while you're playing.

Probably tobacco sunburst.

Kinda like a Chevy sedan body hiding an 850-hp engine and full racing suspension.

m

Goldtop Les Paul.

'57 Classics

Piezo Bridge

Handpicked wood

12 Fret Inlay of my signature.

Regular chrome Hardware

Kluson style tuners

Dark back

nothin too fancy... [biggrin]

Kinda sounds like what I am working on building. Gunna do a completely bare natural finish Les Paul styled guitar with a heavily spalted maple top, I am going with a Canadian theme on the guitar and I am going to either airbrush or wood burn a very intricate Maple leaf (I am leaning HARD on the wood burning). I am on the debate about staining it to give it an aged look or just sealing it with a clear coat and letting it age naturally.

-Kluson Tuners

-Piezo Bridge

-Seymour Duncan 59 buckers

-Jimmy Page wiring (coil taps and phase inverter)

-Possibly vintage caps? still on the fence for this

-Gunna make the control cavity covers out of Titanium and then blue it, after my awesome sucess of knocking off James Hetfields pick gaurd on the 76 explorer he used I am more then confident this will be cake.

I wanted to have some kind of design on the fingerboard like the "tree of life" inlay on Steve Vai's guitar but I think thats just too much work, see where this goes. And I think its the Alex Lifeson les paul that has the piezo bridge but the three way selector acts as the mix for the piezo and the humbuckers THIS IS A MUST FOR MY GUITAR, not sure how I will do it but I want it, otherwise I have to add a fifth knob to act as a mix or maybe go master tone and make one a mix (holy crap I might have had an epiphany right now!)

it would be shaped like a mandolin with a es 175 style cutaway american flag finish emg 81x 85x sx pa2 ABCX SPC and floyd rose

That might be the most hideous creation (visually and sonically) to ever escape the plant if that ever happened. This type of thread has been beaten to death repeatedly but I'll bite.

ES 355 in a nice cherry finish (or maybe Pelham Blue hmm..)

Chrome or brushed aluminum hardware

Bigsby

BK Stormy Monday pups

Actual paper in oil caps

CS inlays

Reflector knobs

60's neck.

ES 355 in a nice cherry finish (or maybe Pelham Blue hmm..)

Chrome or brushed aluminum hardware

Bigsby

BK Stormy Monday pups

Actual paper in oil caps

CS inlays

Reflector knobs

60's neck.

Close to mine

Pelham blue

Bigsby

Aluminum hardware

57 classic pickups

Block inlays

Black finished neck

And I think its the Alex Lifeson les paul that has the piezo bridge but the three way selector acts as the mix for the piezo and the humbuckers THIS IS A MUST FOR MY GUITAR, not sure how I will do it but I want it, otherwise I have to add a fifth knob to act as a mix or maybe go master tone and make one a mix (holy crap I might have had an epiphany right now!)

Actually Lerxst took out the tone pot for the bridge pup and replaced it with a volume pot for the piezo.

the output jacks are where they sounds are mixed and split. the regular jack is a mix of the pups and piezo

the "Life-o-sound" jack splits the two sounds.

but your way sounds cooler, and much easier to control. but lifesons wiring is mush easier to execute. [thumbup]

Take Chanmans DB,

Add The New Standards locking tuners.

Speed Knobs as im not sure if his has em or not. ( I cant remember I was too busy [drool])

Ebony fingerboard

Thistle or Crown in the headstock

No inlays but a C like the ES137 classic in the neck

Burstbucker pro on Bridge

P90 on Neck

Dark back

Plain truss rod cover

Tune O matic bridge

It would be a Firebird shape, with lots of knobs, weird paint jobs, six embedded chips,

and would cost a fortune......Oh wait, that wouldn't be a guitar....[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] ..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It actually would be a Gibson LP semi-Hollow, with the double cutaway style,

'57 pickups, a SOLID AAAAA curly maple top ( like Carvin does ), one piece

mahogany back, gold hardware, bigsby, and be signed by TehBeast......

Oh, and be a cinnamon burst...........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

( I have a Carvin Custom Shop guitar like this ready to order..)

If I built a Gibson guitar it'd probly be a fat piece of ****.

If Gibson built me one, it'd probly be a Pehlam Blue '61 style SG with p90s or Filtertrons and a short Maestro. I dunno I really dig 335s though maybe same idea as the SG but a 335 with a Bigsby instead.

If I built a Gibson guitar it'd probly be a fat piece of ****.

If Gibson built me one, it'd probly be a Pehlam Blue '61 style SG with p90s or Filtertrons and a short Maestro. I dunno I really dig 335s though maybe same idea as the SG but a 335 with a Bigsby instead.

Definitely gonna have to put a Filtertron in my bridge... some day

Archived