Gibson Brands Forums

Heading across the pond!

Larsson

Hey guys,

im sitting here waiting for the taxi to arrive to take me to the airport as today i depart for Chicargo to spend 3 weeks in the states.

Im going to be spending a few days in Chicargo then moving onto Hebron, Ohio, for the 1989 Turbo Trans Am reunion... After that im heading down into Kentucky and Tennessee to flying home from Atlanta.

Ive got a bunch of guitar stores lined up, i think there is 8 guitar centers on the way and im sure i will find others, especially in Nashville.

Just thought i would let you guys know, who knows maybe i will return with another guitar for my somewhat small collection :)

Enjoy the holidays!

Larsson

Guest farnsbarns

Any disc golf planned? With a name like that you must be Scandinavian and I know how popular DG is in that corner of the world.

Hey guys,

im sitting here waiting for the taxi to arrive to take me to the airport as today i depart for Chicargo to spend 3 weeks in the states.

Im going to be spending a few days in Chicargo then moving onto Hebron, Ohio, for the 1989 Turbo Trans Am reunion... After that im heading down into Kentucky and Tennessee to flying home from Atlanta.

Ive got a bunch of guitar stores lined up, i think there is 8 guitar centers on the way and im sure i will find others, especially in Nashville.

Just thought i would let you guys know, who knows maybe i will return with another guitar for my somewhat small collection :)

Enjoy the holidays!

Larsson

Larsson,

I am a fellow TA enthusiast. I have 3 91 Trans Ams in different arrays of restoration and repair. I have my Original 91 I bought new that is on a rotisserie and have an LS1 with Borgwarner 6 speed waiting to go in it. I have a 91 GTA ( needs transmission) and a 91 Formula that is mostly for parts right now but may become a restoration project one of these days.

I had an 86 Firebird when the 89 Turbo TA's came out and I wanted one so freakin' bad and it was the Pace Car that year. I am from Indianapolis. There was a radio contest to win one and I tried like hell to win it but to no avail.[crying]

While I was cruising around Anderson, IN. about a year ago ( which is about 10 minutes away) I spotted a Turbo TA that looked like it had been sitting next to someones house for quite a while. I'm going to check and see if it still there here in the near future and see if they will part with it.

The only thing I want worst than the Turbo TA is a 76 Smokey and the Bandit and maybe a 78 Gold Special Edition....

Have Fun and you won't be too far from me....

Andy

If you are in Chicago (where I am) you have to hit

- Chicago Music Exchange

- Make 'n Music

I might recommend Midwest Buy and Sell, but I have not been out there in years. They used to be the best place to get used guitars in Chicago since their prices weren't obscene. Not sure if they are now priced like guitar center.

btw you can skip the guitar center in Chicago on Halsted. Like going to a Walmart.

If you are in Chicago (where I am) you have to hit

- Chicago Music Exchange

- Make 'n Music

I might recommend Midwest Buy and Sell, but I have not been out there in years. They used to be the best place to get used guitars in Chicago since their prices weren't obscene. Not sure if they are now priced like guitar center.

btw you can skip the guitar center in Chicago on Halsted. Like going to a Walmart.

I second this.

Midwest Buy and sell... not sure if there is wiggle room on prices, they have some cool stuff, but it does seem expensive especially for used stuff. Some weird stuff there though, so it might be worth checking out if you are looking to buy

This may sound strange but Nashville is not a great place to shop for guitars, sure Gruhn's is a must and it is right downtown and right on Broadway but they sell mostly vintage guitars.

The local Guitar Center is usually poorly stocked for what you would expect for Nashville. Sam Ash, Corner Music, Rock Bloc and World Music do not carry Gibson. Nashville Used Music has no inventory right now, it is pretty pathetic actually and the Gibson Showcase is gone.

So...Guitar Center and Gruhn's are your only bets for Gibson. Unless with the new Gibson politics on small dealers may have changed something.

If you can stop by Corner Music that is a cool little store nestled in an up-and-coming neighborhood on 12th Ave. They have some boutique guitar brands that you may have seen in magazines, their staff is friendly and there is a good selection of amps for a small store.

Keep us up to date on your adventures in the US of A

You're going to visit all the guitar stores between Hebron, OH and HOTlanta? over the course of 3 weeks? Surely you jest. 3 weeks is just not enough. One could spend a month in Nashville perusing the guit tar shops.

But... enjoy! Bring lots of dollars.

If your perambulations take you anywhere near Lansing Michigan, Elderly Music would be worth a visit:

http://www.elderly.com/map.htm

+100000

One of the many things I miss about my home state is trips to Elderly. It's an old school house or library they converted to a music store. I love ordering stuff from them. Their staff is ace and I always seem to need something when its on sale, like guitar cases or strings. Love their annual string sale.

• 3 weeks later...

today i returned from Atlanta....

with me i have brought a guitar, i was in guitar center in ohio and spotted a Fender American Select Stratocaster which i really liked but wasent going to buy a guitar at the beggining of my journey but when i came ot Nashville i found the same guitar again which played even better, in guitar center as well, so i purchased it for $1300.

the TTA reuinon got 50 cars together which was really cool and im going to try upload some photos of my guitar and the cars later on :)

anyway im going to go play my new stratocaster :)

Hey guys,

Enjoy the holidays!

Larsson

be careful over there my friend, their a weird bunch them yanks... [unsure]

Archived