Gibson Brands Forums

A nice long drive...

rct

RCT...

Holler if you get around the Black Hills in South Dakota... Devils Tower, etc., between Jellystone and Michigan...

I hope you plan to stop in at the museum in Cody, Wyo., too... Buffalo, Wyo., has an interesting museum and gorgeous landscape. If you're into history, a few miles north has the old Ft. Phil Kearny that's pretty neat if you are good at imagining how events in the past might have played out against the landscape.

m

Oh thank you Milo! Been to the Tower, Prez Heads, Crazy Foot, yer neighborhood on our first one, 2003. I remember lunch in Cody, and our christmas tree has an ornament from Cody every year since!

Taking 90/94, catch the Beartooth this time, looking forward to that one haven't been on it in three drives that way, always snowed closed on our previous outings.

Back across the top, US 2 I believe at the very top, from Glacier over to Michigan, like almost in Canuckistan.

rct

RCT...

Holler if you get around the Black Hills in South Dakota... Devils Tower, etc., between Jellystone and Michigan...

I hope you plan to stop in at the museum in Cody, Wyo., too... Buffalo, Wyo., has an interesting museum and gorgeous landscape. If you're into history, a few miles north has the old Ft. Phil Kearny that's pretty neat if you are good at imagining how events in the past might have played out against the landscape.

m

IS there a "BILL", Wyoming?

Tommy:

Yes there is a Bill, WY. If you go the speed limit

it takes you approx 3.256 seconds to enjoy your view of it.

Bill is a "Railroader" town complete with a Post Office. In addition

"Bill" now has a Motel and a Diner. I have ate at the Diner quite good

actually.. OH the finer places in "Ole WYO" [lol]

"Nothing could be finer than to eat at the "Bill" Diner in the Morning"

(an ole Song I just made up"

Western Dakotas, Wyoming and eastern Montana are a different world.

I've never been to "Bill" Wyo., but the little towns around the Bighorns are all unique and reflect a far different culture from the eastern seaboard.

m

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you have fun, but I found Yellowstone to be disappointing, and Old Faithful should have Faithful taken out of it's name and just called old.

huh. Was our third time to Jellystone in 8 years. Planning December '12, be there for the end of the world! Love That Place.

rct

Archived